Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Blackbeard stuff was great, he really only lost when he ran out of guns. Next time pack more guns!

But I gotta say Chris Larkin did a great job with Berringer, I thought. His physicality, barely fitting in his ruined uniform, alternating between his English civility and his Heart of Darkness-soldiering personas. I thought he did a lot with the role, given his time on the show.

I'm dumb and don't often notice or appreciate performances, but I liked his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Zwabu posted:

The point of the story was for Rogers to explain his preference for a prolonged bloody torture spectacle in such situations to strike fear into his enemies.

And contrast that to the Blackbeard keelhauling, where Rogers actually lost his appetite to continue his methodical torture-killings because Blackbeard survived so long.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
As always with this series the bookends of the season are always the best.

The whole freedom stuff seems to trying to call forward to the American Revolution especially since it's railing against British rule. That feels hamfisted, even if that's not what the writers intend.

It's worth noting that regardless of how silly the pirate revolution feels, it is going to fail horribly and never really gets off the ground so it's not like they're trying to portray this as some kind of incredible moment for freedom in history.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

socialsecurity posted:

You know multiple colonies rebeled in the Carribean before the American Revolution right?

yeah but I'm not really expecting that kind of historical depth from the show. maybe I'm being too harsh!

• Locked thread