Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Flint didn't hold on to Billy, but Billy admits he has no way of knowing whether Flint let him go, or Flint simply couldn't hold on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I liked the finale precisely because it's the only way things could have ended up without being a giant killfest or absolutely preposterous. We've all known that Flint's war was hopeless and stupid, a giant temper tantrum held together by the rage of a man with plot on his side. It had to end because Treasure Island is not set in a world where a pirate republic controls the Caribbean. I much prefer the idea that a key person had a moment of clarity and found a way out to one aimed at maximum body count. Among other high notes, I liked Flint's speech to Silver about how he was going to regret this. It draws an arrow pointing right to Treasure Island without being stupidly obvious about it. Silver's confrontation with the cook was also a nice touch, reminding us and him of just how far he's come in a fairly short while.

• Locked thread