Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
one last cool thing i reasd about once is in the ian m banks book they describe the culture destroying an orbital with gridfire (the grid is whats below realspace or something and its where you go when you travel ftl) and it was cool. reading about the cool space weapons. one time angry keebler made a post about space battles and it was also super cool and one day i hope to read a book by angry keebler. i wish i could find that post. it was so cool. it reminded me of ian m banks style of writing about space battle. thank you angry keebler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh one last thing i read a tom clancy style book about a video game he made and it was so cool. the sarge was a cool, solemn white guy from like ohio with a crew cut who was honorable and a Good Man. then he had a cool squad of a wise cracking latino tech guy i think, a smirking sexy red head babe sniper, and a big buff black guy who was the heavy weapons guy. there was also prob a pilot not sure i dont remmeber what he was but im willing to bet he was a cool guy. maybe the had an asian guy who had a sword, not sure. but i remember those other guys especially yhe sexy red head sniper with the smirky grin kinda like queen margaery i guess from game of thrones.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

luke was supposed to be the most powerful jedi for generations and all he can do is sense when daddy in nearby and maybe make his lightsaber fly into his hand if he really concentrates. so why in the books can every ordinary jedi blow up planets and make huge spaceships crash like its no thing?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Smythe posted:

oh one last thing i read a tom clancy style book about a video game he made and it was so cool. the sarge was a cool, solemn white guy from like ohio with a crew cut who was honorable and a Good Man. then he had a cool squad of a wise cracking latino tech guy i think, a smirking sexy red head babe sniper, and a big buff black guy who was the heavy weapons guy. there was also prob a pilot not sure i dont remmeber what he was but im willing to bet he was a cool guy. maybe the had an asian guy who had a sword, not sure. but i remember those other guys especially yhe sexy red head sniper with the smirky grin kinda like queen margaery i guess from game of thrones.

what about domingo chavez, tho?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

what about domingo chavez, tho?

this guy owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sweevo posted:

luke was supposed to be the most powerful jedi for generations and all he can do is sense when daddy in nearby and maybe make his lightsaber fly into his hand if he really concentrates. so why in the books can every ordinary jedi blow up planets and make huge spaceships crash like its no thing?

ppl in the old republic were a lot more buffer and beefier than noobs. kind of like DOTA players vs League. the old ways are stronger but they are a lost art. hth

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Smythe posted:

queen margaery i guess from game of thrones.

she cute

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

This.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sweevo posted:

I don't think Luke is supposed to be the most powerful Jedi in generations, just the last one now that they're all dead. Like his dad was some kind of super Jedi of course but his mom was just a regular lady, and he's had like a couple months of training at most

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

I don't think Luke is supposed to be the most powerful Jedi in generations, just the last one now that they're all dead. Like his dad was some kind of super Jedi of course but his mom was just a regular lady, and he's had like a couple months of training at most

that meme about how each main Jedi in the moves has less and less training before they fight

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Sweevo posted:

The books... bad?!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cocoa Crispies posted:

that meme about how each main Jedi in the moves has less and less training before they fight

so wait we're gonna get force babbies and then like a star wars version of snow dogs

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Smythe posted:

one last cool thing i reasd about once is in the ian m banks book they describe the culture destroying an orbital with gridfire (the grid is whats below realspace or something and its where you go when you travel ftl) and it was cool. reading about the cool space weapons. one time angry keebler made a post about space battles and it was also super cool and one day i hope to read a book by angry keebler. i wish i could find that post. it was so cool. it reminded me of ian m banks style of writing about space battle. thank you angry keebler

it's why excession is the best of the culture books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

awful admin an actual idiot

• Locked thread