Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bibendum posted:

This exactly.
When it breaks I'll get one of those commercial/institutional displays. if they can operate for ten years hanging over a deep frier in the McDonald's it will suit my needs fine.

please dont watch tv in your kitchen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Management posted:

me.
I have a room for television, a room for computers, and a room for sleeping.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

poty posted:

this is a kickass setup i love screens i wish i had 60. screens everywhere around me so when im posting and an important email arrives i can do a 360 and see it right away

i, too, wish for the most boring f451 future

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Dislike button posted:

Please say "I'm lovin' it!" in order to adjust temperature

*makes pickle throwing gesture*

:(: can i change the temperature?

:awesomelon:: eventually!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cocoa Crispies posted:

most of the kindles have ads, that's what the "Includes Special Offers" bit means http://amzn.to/2lEFLIp

give him a break, dude was looking at rich people amazon like the rest of us

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ugh the nest protect keeps playing this 'monoxide detected in the hallway' ad wtf guys :rolleyes:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

poty posted:

do people really spend 20 bucks extra to buy the kindle without ads

i mean ads are bad but 20 bucks

(i dont have a kindle)

if you call or text nicely that youre a confused old or got it as a gift they remove them

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tori is right the kindle is the ideal electronics experience, esp in that my first (3g keyboard) works fine aside from literally having a 6 year old battery, my paperwhite 3 is equally as easy to use even with more features, and the touch i got cheap refurbed at a half price books (lol) to keep at work is actually 5 years old and the battery still works fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Citizen Tayne posted:

Before I sent the Touch to my mom, I checked with my brother who still lives near her to see if he could replace the battery and he said it's about fifteen minutes and $18. Flawless.

this was my plan until i found that $5 touch in the store, now i want to case swap the keyboard to white because those are less common

Elder Postsman posted:

oh poo poo that's all? my old 2010 3g kindle keyboard needs to be charged about once a week now and it seems like half the time i actually have time to read a thing on it, the battery is dead. gonna have to do this.

for a while i ran mine with the wifi off and it did much better, but now its down to a few weeks maybe. its worth it if only because its such a workhorse. theyre also the last model with good 3g internet and tts support without some dongle and a speaker

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 13, 2017

• Locked thread