Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Do any of the good brands (Sony and no wait just Sony) make non-internet TVs anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shame. It's all redundant for most people.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Management posted:

I've got bad news for you, Sony isn't a good brand anymore. they use google tv and it's awful and also their scaling and smoothing software is lousy.

also, no. there's basically two types of TVs. "dumb" tvs, which is a race to the bottom in costs, so everyone tries to make them as cheap as possible. "smart" tvs that actually have margins so they can put some engineering and good hardware into it. if you want a non-terrible tv you have to buy the smart one, even if you don't want any of those features.

Oh poop :( I bought the last-before-smart-TV:s top-of-the-line Sony because the panel is drat good but since it's been over five years already I hope it's just going to last. The scaling on this one is loving great.

Any "smart" feature is just going to be obsolete in a year or two I mean gently caress I've got Play Station's up the butt.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

MILLENNIALS ARE KILLING THE ADVERTISING MARKET

g-good?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Linguica posted:

I have a Samsung tv and I use the built in YouTube because it can actually stream at 4K plus it's nice to be able to use the normal remote

I know I should disable the tv's wifi and just use my chromecast but I guess I am just a dumb normie that doesn't want to have to deal with ever more CJ'ing poo poo if I can avoid it

I can use the TV remote to watch youtubes on my Sony Play Station 4 brand home computer system, via the TV.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I wonder how long it will take for kindles to go the way of the dodo and EEE PCs because no-one outside of North America has ever owned one and really the US + Canada is not a very big market.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I need to set up my Canon so I can print out Something Awful threads and read them on the bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

In the year 2525 Kindles and humanity will be dead.

• Locked thread