Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

also what the gently caress is Samsung's excuse for not using a matte screen? i don't care if it's a $500 TV, that's shameful

glossy screens "pop" more because the blacks look darker but they're worse at everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sweevo posted:

and laments not buying a different tv made by vizio, who i have never heard of but am assuming are equally bad
vizios are usually considered the best of the poverty tier but they got bought by le eco so they'll probably be terrible real soon

ultra lol at dude having a $500 tv budget

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sweevo posted:

can't really blame ars for that. people have been getting it wrong forever. in the early 2000s everyone was trying to portray nerds as flame shirt wearing limp bizkit fans playing crazy taxi and watching tony hawk do a 900

I skipped work to go to the 99 xgames and saw tony hawk do the first 900 in competition

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the internet has killed wisdom since not only are all possible takes available at any time but many of the worst opinions are expressed in slick, entertaining fashion

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

I've got bad news for you, Sony isn't a good brand anymore. they use google tv and it's awful and also their scaling and smoothing software is lousy.
they have consistently the best motion handling of any manufacturer, easiest to get to decent color without a $400 calibration too

also despite using google tv there's no ads in the ui unlike most other manufacturers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Elder Postsman posted:

wait, wait

what????

it's now a data point on rtings

the best part of course is that it's always subject to change

• Locked thread