Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This is an amazingly cringey article, from the opening "lol sportsball I am supposedly technically apt but I don't understand how a car works" paragraph to the aforementioned six-monitor guy to the tedious lists of computer specs straight off of gamefaqs. ugh

I used to read Ars Technica occasionally like 10 loving years ago, but like everything else on the Internet, the comment section was just so, so awful and full of the worst kind of horrible nerds and grognards that I needed to give it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

George posted:

holy poo poo the writing in that piece is high school af

2017_journalism.txt

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my $700 (3 years ago) 4 foot sarnsung doesn't have any ads or bullshit and it works perfectly fine as a computer monitor.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

My kindle is very good. I keep it in my bag and take it out when I want to read on the train or whatever. I don't need to gently caress around with it, I charge it once a month or so. It's pretty much the platonic ideal of how consumer electronics should be.

++

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

don't use itunes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

infernal machines posted:

from where? i wanted one of those for schematics and poo poo, but it was never worth paying $300+ for one

a kindle paperwhite is a hundred bucks on amazon brand new right now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Before I sent the Touch to my mom,

i send the Touch to your mom every day. lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

same. plus you need like zero infrastructure to set up a repository of 500kb MOBI files. throw up a VPS with a stolen credit card and welp, you can now host the entire library of congress

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i hope ur not jokin m8 bcoz the 1g ipod nano is well top kit bruv

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've found that people who actually talk about "devouring" books or being a "voracious" reader are a lot more interested in appearing to read a lot than in just reading stuff. strange but true!

*also they might just be elementary school teachers, those seem to be some of the go-to compliments for "gifted" children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sweevo posted:

luke was supposed to be the most powerful jedi for generations and all he can do is sense when daddy in nearby and maybe make his lightsaber fly into his hand if he really concentrates. so why in the books can every ordinary jedi blow up planets and make huge spaceships crash like its no thing?

I don't think Luke is supposed to be the most powerful Jedi in generations, just the last one now that they're all dead. Like his dad was some kind of super Jedi of course but his mom was just a regular lady, and he's had like a couple months of training at most

• Locked thread