Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if i feel the need to block an ad, then whatever i was looking at wasn't worth the cost.

the system works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i have a samsung 4k "smart tv" for my computer monitor*, it does not have ads.

i don't let it connect to the internet either, but there are no ads anywhere on this thing. what poo poo-rear end bargain basement tvs are you people buying? like the best buy doorcrasher specials or something?

*it's curved, but since i sit 2 feet away from it, that actually works really well.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

the first tv on that list is currently $1995 on amazon.

it's possible that list is poo poo too. they don't differentiate between ads within the smart hub, ostensibly for other apps and feature available in the hub, and loving volume brought to you by pepsi

there's a pretty wide gulf there

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

This is a joke, right?

yes

i got me mum a kindle paperwhite, so she could get a copy of my sister's book off amazon. as far as i can tell she loves it. she also managed to figure out how to buy other ebooks without me having to show her, so they did something right.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

none of these are acceptable on a $2000 tv

the latter isn't the former is no different than featured apps in itunes, and they can be wholly avoided by never going in to the smart hub, because why the gently caress are you using the smart hub?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

from where? i wanted one of those for schematics and poo poo, but it was never worth paying $300+ for one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the kindle dx is not a kindle paperwhite

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

as in the use case very specifically requires the large formfactor screen, which the paperwhite does not have

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol, it's available for $80 us, but only from amazon.com, amazon.ca doesn't have the dx at any price.

gg amazon.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, but poo poo, at least we're not in america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i buy used paperbacks from the salvation army and the only ebooks i have need to go through a three step process so i can package them for my newton

• Locked thread