Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

vizios are usually considered the best of the poverty tier but they got bought by le eco so they'll probably be terrible real soon

ultra lol at dude having a $500 tv budget

I got a $550 50" 4K Visio at Costco back in June. Works for me, it's for baseball and hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

the internet has killed wisdom since not only are all possible takes available at any time but many of the worst opinions are expressed in slick, entertaining fashion

Don't sign your posts!

Apr 7, 2003

OLED sucks.

Apr 7, 2003

Literal Garbage

Apr 7, 2003

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

fact: tolerance of advertising is a hallmark of low intelligence

Tolerance meaning? I love commercials but mostly because they're so far from real life

Apr 7, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the new nests play audio ads when you activate them by proximity

This is a joke, right?

Apr 7, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

I wonder how long it will take for kindles to go the way of the dodo and EEE PCs because no-one outside of North America has ever owned one and really the US + Canada is not a very big market.

My kindle is very good. I keep it in my bag and take it out when I want to read on the train or whatever. I don't need to gently caress around with it, I charge it once a month or so. It's pretty much the platonic ideal of how consumer electronics should be.

Apr 7, 2003

mishaq posted:

kindles are really good tho

i still have and use my old one from 2010

I got a Kindle Touch in 2011 and used it up until a few months ago when my wife got me a Kindle Voyage. My old Kindle Touch worked perfectly fine and I sent it to my mother and now she's enjoying it.

The Kindle line is pretty much the biggest success story imaginable in tech.

Apr 7, 2003

lol Canada is so hosed up

Apr 7, 2003

"You can't use the good thing because our country is stupid, so here, have this big piece of poo poo that's nearly unusable but was designed in canada. Eh."

Apr 7, 2003

yet

Apr 7, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

tori is right the kindle is the ideal electronics experience, esp in that my first (3g keyboard) works fine aside from literally having a 6 year old battery, my paperwhite 3 is equally as easy to use even with more features, and the touch i got cheap refurbed at a half price books (lol) to keep at work is actually 5 years old and the battery still works fine

Before I sent the Touch to my mom, I checked with my brother who still lives near her to see if he could replace the battery and he said it's about fifteen minutes and $18. Flawless.

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i send the Touch to your mom every day. lol

No, you don't.

Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it pisses me off so bad that libraries essentially solved their mandate via ebooks and publishers were all LOL NOPE THOSE EBOOKS WEAR OUT NOW JUST LIKE REAL BOOKS PAY US

This is why I pirate every fuckin book I can

Apr 7, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah it's seriously one of the best tech purchases i've ever made.

It really is the platonic ideal of a good tech product, and a silent revolution in electronics. More people need to use Kindles and expect the same out of their other technology.

Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

u can tell by my sick diction that i read a lot hehe (star wars, trek, gate, etc etc)

lol

Apr 7, 2003

They do have a new file format that makes it harder to strip DRM IIRC though.

Apr 7, 2003

well good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

in star wars shatterpoint epic jedi mace windu goes to his home planet which is a jungle planet and does battle with this powerful savage guy who has like a super strong shield made of something that his light saber isnt good against. and some other poo poo happens. one time there is a mountain or something falling on a car with a guy whos stuck in it and he uses the force to hold up the land slide while throwing the car somewhere else. incredible power. kind of reminds me of like that game where you pull a star destroyer out of space and crash it into the floor with the force. wow. such increidble powers. also in the mace windu book he has a hot and sexy girlfriend iirc which i like to read about.

:jackbud:

• Locked thread