Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i might get an oled in a year or 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

have they gotten the lifespan of those up to something reasonable without the colors shifting/dimming all over the place

idk i never heard about those problems.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

yeah, the issue was that different colored oleds would degrade at different rates, so you'd have color shifting. lg's current design is all white oled subpixels with a colored filter over them. (lg is the only company making oled tv panels)

lucky goldstar is a great company

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

carry on then posted:

ars has had it kinda rough though, losing good in depth writers like stokes and siracusa while only managing to pick up a couple verge-style clickbait writers and ron "six monitors to review phones" amadeo

lmao

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

no u

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

just don't give ur tv ur wifi password

problem solved

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

poty posted:

this goes against the geneva convention

did u hear?! we don't follow geneva conventions any more!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

poty posted:

i have the top tv on that chart (not bragging or anything heh 😏)

wait, you own a curved tv? lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

so has your wife left you or what?

• Locked thread