Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
past 2 tvs i bought i got with a single dead pixel that made them half price ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ads are good and pay for things you like

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
there👏would👏be👏a👏lot👏less👏stuff👏to👏watch👏without👏ads

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the fine foks at megacorps spending untold jillions on questionably effective ads on cable tv paid for my upbringing and way of life, and for that, i honor them - and will dedicate my life to perpetuating their shared delusion. bravo to the brave men and women in the advertising field.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sweevo posted:

they're ads

stop making excuses them them

ads are good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i use my kindle every day but i worry that ppl will think im a fucktard since i dont got a lot of paper books so i buy books anyways and crease their spines with a rock sometimes. hth and also its good 2 give authors some money a lot of times they dont got a lot

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u can tell by my sick diction that i read a lot hehe (star wars, trek, gate, etc etc)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u ever wonder why ppl who say they read a lot of books always say the "devour" books and are "voracious" readers? ud think these brainiacs would find another word some time or another to describe their mass reading. always question these folks commitment to literature when they use one of these old and busted words. anyways i dont value the Old Book smell, but i do value the smell my of rotting smegma. coincidence? maybe.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have darth bane dynasty of evil in hard cover its by the guy wrote mass effect and he does epic force moves on ppl and has bug armor FTW and also this chick makes evil force tentacles.... WOW!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
in star wars shatterpoint epic jedi mace windu goes to his home planet which is a jungle planet and does battle with this powerful savage guy who has like a super strong shield made of something that his light saber isnt good against. and some other poo poo happens. one time there is a mountain or something falling on a car with a guy whos stuck in it and he uses the force to hold up the land slide while throwing the car somewhere else. incredible power. kind of reminds me of like that game where you pull a star destroyer out of space and crash it into the floor with the force. wow. such increidble powers. also in the mace windu book he has a hot and sexy girlfriend iirc which i like to read about.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
another cool thing that happens in a space wars book is yoda teams up with some teens and one teen shes not very powerful but she has a lot spunk and is scrappy you know. anyways they go to a far away planet where count dooku i think lives and its a raining planet and dooku lives in a giant mansion where he plots his evil deeds. dooku used to be bffs with yoda and he was his apprentice until he became evil. yoda is sitting in a zen garden at one point and hes remembering what good friens they were. they was kinda sad to me to think about yodas life like that. hes really old you know and hes had a lot of friends who died or became evil or whatever. that would be sad. anyways at another time in this cool book they are at the mall or the airport idk IG-88 busts in an starts loving owning ppl left and right. that was badass he was using his epic droid speed and weapons to hose down ppl with lasers and rockets. man that owned. they ended up defeating him by throwing bombs on him i think. that was cool. i love to read, books.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
one last cool thing i reasd about once is in the ian m banks book they describe the culture destroying an orbital with gridfire (the grid is whats below realspace or something and its where you go when you travel ftl) and it was cool. reading about the cool space weapons. one time angry keebler made a post about space battles and it was also super cool and one day i hope to read a book by angry keebler. i wish i could find that post. it was so cool. it reminded me of ian m banks style of writing about space battle. thank you angry keebler

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh one last thing i read a tom clancy style book about a video game he made and it was so cool. the sarge was a cool, solemn white guy from like ohio with a crew cut who was honorable and a Good Man. then he had a cool squad of a wise cracking latino tech guy i think, a smirking sexy red head babe sniper, and a big buff black guy who was the heavy weapons guy. there was also prob a pilot not sure i dont remmeber what he was but im willing to bet he was a cool guy. maybe the had an asian guy who had a sword, not sure. but i remember those other guys especially yhe sexy red head sniper with the smirky grin kinda like queen margaery i guess from game of thrones.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

what about domingo chavez, tho?

this guy owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sweevo posted:

luke was supposed to be the most powerful jedi for generations and all he can do is sense when daddy in nearby and maybe make his lightsaber fly into his hand if he really concentrates. so why in the books can every ordinary jedi blow up planets and make huge spaceships crash like its no thing?

ppl in the old republic were a lot more buffer and beefier than noobs. kind of like DOTA players vs League. the old ways are stronger but they are a lost art. hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

This.

• Locked thread