Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

my parents' sarnsung tv will artifact and glitch if there's too much white being displayed in the scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I use an apple tv and airplay to my frontal lobe

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I enjoy my Lifes Good Lucky Goldstar Absolutely-Not-Smart television A+ would buy again but they don't exist

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

akadajet posted:

i might get an oled in a year or 2

have they gotten the lifespan of those up to something reasonable without the colors shifting/dimming all over the place

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

lol well that's better then having the whole thing go green or whatever, but people who run their sets with the brightness at 100% are going to be upset after a few years unless they're figured out the degradation curve and start driving it harder as the service hours go up, which is only going to accelerate the degradation

I hope its like SSD wear rate where there isn't a realistic use pattern to cause problems but something tells me this first gen will be broken poo poo in 5 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

hifi posted:

i remember reading that some of the smart tvs will connect to any open wifi if you don't give it your wifi password. i cant find it now but maybe its a thing

I can't believe I had to give my own tv the spicy faraday cage

• Locked thread