Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Jesus you could buy a projector and make whatever size TV you want. Spend a few extra grand and you can get one powered by lasers.

Or go insane and spend literally less than half as much on something you can light up the side of a building with

EDIT welp looks like this is the year that 4K projectors come down in price

Jimmy Carter fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i have never understood why projectors are so consistently special snowflakes in that they need confirmation to turn off. sure, they are not instantaneous to turn back on, but neither is a modern tv

They need to make sure you're not bumping the power button by accident because once its off, the bulb literally cannot power on until it cools down again.

you can get LED-powered models for a surprisingly small premium, they're just gonna be somewhat dimmer (LG makes one for $800 these days). Some high-end models are lazer-based and are super-rad because you don't need to focus them, just aim them at even a curved surface and it'll be perfectly in focus.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Just picked up a used Kindle DX for like $100

I'm hyped to mod it and tape it to my wall so I can just have it display random poo poo

• Locked thread