Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
This article about what Venezuelans learned dealing with Chavez feels relevant here:
https://www.caracaschronicles.com/2017/01/20/culturejam/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Helsing posted:

I knew this thread would be dumb when I clicked on it but I couldn't have imagined just how dumb it would be.

noted rapist breaklaw lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Novo posted:

This article about what Venezuelans learned dealing with Chavez feels relevant here:
yeah and they don't have a democracy anymore so that's a heartening link

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
All this would accomplish is to make pence seem sane and good by comparison and guarantee his re election in 2020

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

impeaching trump doesn't mean "immediately stop fighting once pence becomes president" you idiots

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

Instead do this:
"What a fiasco. We'd be doing better taking back control of our borders with an experienced conservative like Mike Pence."
"I never remember seeing our closest allies out publicly rebuking Ronald Reagan like this, maybe it's time to give Pence a chance."
"I support Trump and what he stands for but there has to be order. I doubt Pence would be running the show like this if he was in charge."

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

You see you underestimated breaklaw's ability to be a loving moron

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

lol what the gently caress

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

breaklaw posted:

Have to say that I'm surprised that there is way less criticism of the stupid idea itself than there is people making GBS threads on Mike Pence. I mean, I know folks are pretty partisan around these parts but , what the gently caress, wouldn't Pence or any Republican be better than the Actual Worst President Ever at this point?

modern Republicans are the American Fascist Party and they all belong in gulags hth

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Like I don't know what's dumber, thinking Pence would be any better or thinking a viable plan for getting Trump impeached is having a bunch of posters on these dead gay forums to run psy ops by saying "I love Trump BUT Pence would be even better". Yeah, the House GOP is definitely gonna be bamboozled by the clever posting of a few plucky C-SPAMMers. After all, we all know /pol/ is the reason Trump got elected.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Haha i remember this dumb rear end thread

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Phobophilia posted:

lol pence will just implement everything that trump and sessions is pushing for anyway. gently caress him. they burn together

Maybe. Probably.

And yet

Trump is a giant pissbaby who hangs up on the Aussie pm and brags about inauguration crowds to the CIA and complains about millions of nonexistent illegal votes to congressional leadership. Pence on the other hand is not retarded. So I say pick your poison.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

frankly id rather have a retarded person trying to destroy the working class than a competent one. i think. guess we'll see how the nuclear holocaust plays out.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Is OP Mike Pence?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Novo posted:

unfortunately it looks like what he's trying to say is that the Democratic Party need to reconnect with the working class, so we're hosed

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
pro tier trolling imo

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
How many people down the line of succession would you have to impeach before reaching someone decent?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

Haha i remember this dumb rear end thread
it's a three-day old thread, something this stupid can't be forgotten over that short amount of time

Kraps posted:

Trump is a giant pissbaby who hangs up on the Aussie pm and brags about inauguration crowds to the CIA and complains about millions of nonexistent illegal votes to congressional leadership. Pence on the other hand is not retarded. So I say pick your poison.
trump can do more damage because he doesn't give a single poo poo about the consequences of his actions even if they're not something anyone with half a brain for politics would do as of now i'd put money on him completing his four years because congress doesn't really care either. so i'd much rather go with pence because i don't want to die in a nuclear explosion

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Action Jacktion posted:

How many people down the line of succession would you have to impeach before reaching someone decent?

I think we'd need to purge every single member of government in either party until the only man remaining was bernard sandman

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

get that OUT of my face posted:

trump can do more damage because he doesn't give a single poo poo about the consequences of his actions even if they're not something anyone with half a brain for politics would do as of now i'd put money on him completing his four years because congress doesn't really care either. so i'd much rather go with pence because i don't want to die in a nuclear explosion

Someone who doesn't give a poo poo about the consequences is probably better than someone who does care about those consequences, like deliberately making gays suffer in reeducation camps for their own personal delight. Incompetent evil is better than deliberate, organized evil.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

call to action posted:

Someone who doesn't give a poo poo about the consequences is probably better than someone who does care about those consequences, like deliberately making gays suffer in reeducation camps for their own personal delight. Incompetent evil > organized evil.
you say that like this isn't gonna happen under trump as well. trump will enable and implement all the worst impulses of the GOP even if he doesn't 100% believe in it, because it will keep him around longer

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

get that OUT of my face posted:

you say that like this isn't gonna happen under trump as well. trump will enable and implement all the worst impulses of the GOP even if he doesn't 100% believe in it, because it will keep him around longer

OK, so if they're the same then I'd rather get the guy who's going to gut NAFTA and TPP

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Well now that I know that social conservatism is the exact same thing as alienating our allies while strengthening our biggest geopolitical enemy, I guess maybe it's not such a great idea after all.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
thought about this thread again while making coffee and chuckled to myself

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is bad, but nothing he's done is actually that far from what Republicans have been doing, and have promised to do, for a while now. It's really nothing to do with Trump as a person, it's this entire ecosystem of prejudice that had sprung up, I'm not sure impeaching him (which isn't happening, ever) actually changes anything.

That, and there's just no incentive for anyone to actually play along work this stupid scheme of yours, more probably it'll just backfire.

Like, sorry if you're attached to it, but your idea is dumb dude.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Will the meltdown of internet liberals never cease?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hey it's this thread again, what up

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Novo posted:

I keep seeing this article pop up but comparisons of populist and popular chavez to historically unpopular not a populist donald trump are hilarious and wrong.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

rudatron posted:

Trump is bad, but nothing he's done is actually that far from what Republicans have been doing, and have promised to do, for a while now. It's really nothing to do with Trump as a person, it's this entire ecosystem of prejudice that had sprung up, I'm not sure impeaching him (which isn't happening, ever) actually changes anything.

That, and there's just no incentive for anyone to actually play along work this stupid scheme of yours, more probably it'll just backfire.

The main complaint here seems to be he's a less competent or effective steward of the American empire because he openly says the things that a more judicious individual like Obama or even George W. wouldn't say.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

breaklaw posted:

2. #NeverTrump - Yes they mostly all bent the knee, but if they thought there was a real chance for vindication, they would turn on this motherfucker in one second. Lindsey Graham is just waiting for this to become a thing. You can see it in his face when he responds to Trump questions.

Well I never!

:q: #doxxed

#NeverTrump indeed
#PenceInsteadofPiss
#StopRussia

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

rudatron posted:

The idea may be stupid but something has to be done. Nobody gives a gently caress a bout an ' ecosystem of prejudice' or any other dumbass lefty buzzword. We already know you don't like Republicans. The fact is we've put an actual madman in the oval office and we need to be smart and put differences to the side for now and undo that mistake.

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

Well I never!

:q: #doxxed

#NeverTrump indeed
#PenceInsteadofPiss
#StopRussia

See? We got on senior senator on board already.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
shut the gently caress up you dumb rapist op

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/827191722153230338

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i agree with the 40% but you're still a moron

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Is there such a thing as a national recall election?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Caithness posted:

Is there such a thing as a national recall election?

no take backs here

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If Trump is impeached, then it goes to Pence, and then Orrin Hatch and then Rex Tillerson. Mnuchin would be next if confirmed and elligible. After, Mattis.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Xelkelvos posted:

If Trump is impeached, then it goes to Pence, Paul Ryan, and then Orrin Hatch and then Rex Tillerson. Mnuchin would be next if confirmed and elligible. After, Mattis.

ftfy

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, only 1 U.S. president has ever been removed from office in 230 years, but probably it's gonna happen again in the next few years because you wish it would. Surely the fact that the president's political party controls congress won't possibly get in the way of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Orange Sunshine posted:

Yeah, only 1 U.S. president has ever been removed from office in 230 years, but probably it's gonna happen again in the next few years because you wish it would. Surely the fact that the president's political party controls congress won't possibly get in the way of this.

Trump again breaks the mold!

• Locked thread