Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My wife's and mine are platinum which we knew was soft going in, but we liked the idea of how it can get scuffs and dings and get that 'lived in' look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

keykey posted:

I bought my wife a custom designed wedding ring. After 13 years, it went into the shop a couple weeks ago because a prong broke. We got a call on Saturday that they'd have to send it to a jeweler down in LA that specializes in repairing super weird fractures with a "laser." Not even sure what that's gonna cost yet, but it sounds super loving expensive. Apparently, if it was anything other than platinum, it would have been unsalvageable.

A friend of mine is a laser welder. It's a real thing.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Time for more ring chat.

Wife's is my own design with a moisanite center stone and blue diamonds along the side made from 14k white gold, while mine's a stainless ring that I overpaid for.

Overall really happy with them. The stones are really well protected in my wife's so I don't expect any issues with them in the future.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
My Wedding band was going to be Cobalt, as I like the look of White Gold but I wanted something durable that didn't need to be Rhodium Plated.

I actually inherited my late Grandfather's Ring which is a plain 18k Gold band.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Ether Frenzy posted:

My wife's and mine are platinum which we knew was soft going in, but we liked the idea of how it can get scuffs and dings and get that 'lived in' look.

This is what I wanted with the painted titanium. I thought after a few years the paint would wear off and it'd have some character.

It got that way after about nine months. Ah well. We're coming up on six years this year, looks awesome to me anyway and I regret nothing I suppose.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

This was mine until I dropped it somewhere whilst mountain trekking.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

spog posted:

are you Smeagol irl

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

A friend of mine is a laser welder. It's a real thing.

I'm fully aware it's a thing. The 13 year old in me likes putting quotes around "laser."

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Sorry to interrupt your regulary scheduled ring chat, but I wish to make a public service announcement:

:siren: CLEAN THE SOAP TRAY ON YOUR WASHING MACHINE :siren:

The part of the tray I could normally access without taking apart half the washing machine did not show the signs of what lurked beneath. The part in the second picture was completely covered and where it's still black in that picture it looks coffee-stained. I've never seen so much black mould in one place and am now seriously considering disassembling the entire washer.

Hooray for finding out why my clothes always smell musty. :barf:

E: This is after 3 years since the last time I cleaned it (when I moved) and the last time it was just a bunch of dried out soap and no mould.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 28, 2017

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
All this wedding ring chat and I'm getting divorced.

I had a $12 steel band that was cool once it dulled up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That sucks man.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

spog posted:

Goons live in dark basements and are pale and hairless, story checks out

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

My missus told me if I ever got down on one knee in front of her to expect a trip to the dentist- she's violently anti marriage.

Said she would rather spend the money for a wedding in on the house or the 4wd or a holiday so I'm not complaining in the slightest. And because of Australia's de facto laws, we basically have the same legal rights as a married couple without the paperwork!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

DJ Commie posted:

If it was her or the Festiva, you chose well.

My ring is stainless with a silver inlay. gently caress mall jewelers forever.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
We've been married for 10 years.

We've never had rings.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

Sorry to interrupt your regulary scheduled ring chat, but I wish to make a public service announcement:

The part of the tray I could normally access without taking apart half the washing machine did not show the signs of what lurked beneath. The part in the second picture was completely covered and where it's still black in that picture it looks coffee-stained. I've never seen so much black mould in one place and am now seriously considering disassembling the entire washer.

E: This is after 3 years since the last time I cleaned it (when I moved) and the last time it was just a bunch of dried out soap and no mould.

I have been trying to figure out how to remove the soap tray from my LG dishwasher ever since I first got it.

This is a good incentive to actually do the job, because the previous owners of my place were absolutely god drat disgusting and it took several months just to keep it from reeking of mould and wet dog when it was sitting idle with the door open.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

DJ Commie posted:

Whhhhaaaaaaa? That sucks.

I've been divorced for so long I dont remember what the wedding band was. I know it was cheap and I lost it about a year after the divorce. Kinda amused people here saying married for 6-10 years, I've been divorced for 12.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Last time I cleared the tray was because I was half asleep and poured in deck cleaner rather than fabric softener.... and then realised the mistake about five seconds later.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Seriously, I never expected it to be as bad as it was. I had figured I'd just do a wipedown with javex and then I gazed deep into the abyss...

Right now all the parts are soaking in my secret "KILL ALL THE THINGS" cleaning forumla.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Seriously, I never expected it to be as bad as it was. I had figured I'd just do a wipedown with javex and then I gazed deep into the abyss...

Right now all the parts are soaking in my secret "KILL ALL THE THINGS" cleaning forumla.

Is that from liquid laundry detergent?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I think it's mostly from the fabric softener. That plate I said was completely covered is the water inlet for the individual trays, and by far the worst of mould was growing above the softener cup and through the drain hole for the softener. It's actually been staying full of water for awhile and one of the reasons I took it apart was to solve that problem.

At the very least, I'm switching back to Fleecy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Fabric softener is the devil

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I've been divorced for so long I dont remember what the wedding band was. I know it was cheap and I lost it about a year after the divorce. Kinda amused people here saying married for 6-10 years, I've been divorced for 12.
Oh holy gently caress it has been that long.

Also DJ Commie that stinks. I hope everything works out ok.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

Unlikely. Rotaries are excellent contraceptives.

Except in mid 90's New Zealand, where they greatly contributed to the ongoing teenage pregnancy issue.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Fabric softener is the devil

Fabric softener makes your clothes more flammable.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Congrats Spyder!

Adiabatic posted:

Unlikely. Rotaries are excellent contraceptives.

Rotary King of the US, who happens to own more rotaries than most countries posted:

Wife just popped out a kid

:colbert:

angryrobots posted:

Fabric softener makes your clothes more flammable.

Also makes your towels suck at being towels.

I know at the laundromat I use, the fabric softener part of the tray is always loving disgusting. The detergent part always looks fine.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I said I was married for 10 years... I just didn't add that I've been divorced for 20. :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I never wanted to get married but she has totally turned me around on it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seminal Flu posted:

I said I was married for 10 years... I just didn't add that I've been divorced for 20. :D

Been married 15 years, divorced for 24 :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys are old.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
AA is one of the older ones, IIRC. But respek all around.

Merely 30 but I'm loving this relationship so far. We'll see in a year, but good vibes all around.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Been married 15 years, divorced for 24 :v:

I was under the impression only The Locator was older than I am. 48 in May

Married 1997 seperated 2005. And Wrar you really want to feel old ? We known each other for 18 years.

And here I am still giggling my rear end off riding in a torrential downpour. How juvenile!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fermented Tinal posted:

I think it's mostly from the fabric softener. That plate I said was completely covered is the water inlet for the individual trays, and by far the worst of mould was growing above the softener cup and through the drain hole for the softener. It's actually been staying full of water for awhile and one of the reasons I took it apart was to solve that problem.

Ah, cool. I've never put fabric softener in my washer, I just toss a 'Bounce' sheet in the dryer and it's good enough for me.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I was under the impression only The Locator was older than I am. 48 in May

Based on his marriage stats, I'm not the oldest! Yay! :dance:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The older I get, the more juvenile I become.

And it's loving awesome. Dick and fart jokes will never get old to me. If they do get old, well, dementia runs in both sides of my family; I'll have checked out by then. I won't need booze or :420: to forget anything at that point. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I have 4 boxed wheels and 4 tires in my wagon. Practical vehicles own.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Fermented Tinal posted:

At the very least, I'm switching back to Fleecy.

Protip - get some lovely towels/sheets (enough to make a decent load). Every month or two, run a super-hot load with vinegar in the soap plate thingy. Keeps it from getting as scuzzy.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Lake Tahoe Ski Report: awesome

Ski bunnies in yoga pants: awesome

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yoga pants and their subsequent popularity are the single best invention of the 21st century

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks everyone! We're still working on a name, but she gets to come home today. My boss told me to just take the week off and not worry about work, which blew me away seeing as we're down three staff members right now.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

the spyder posted:

Thanks everyone! We're still working on a name, but she gets to come home today. My boss told me to just take the week off and not worry about work, which blew me away seeing as we're down three staff members right now.

Missed the first round of congratulations, so I'll start the second round! Enjoy it. It's often prohibitively tiring, but they are only babies for like 15 minutes... then they're kids. And they're kids for a long, long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BraveUlysses posted:

yoga pants and their subsequent popularity are the single best invention of the 21st century
Yes, though with a qualifier on who's wearing them at the time.

• Locked thread