Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Michelle Waterson switched management to WME. Wonder how many others are doing that, it seems smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
This threads only for talking about stuff you know about first hand, like semi-pro biking, being an it professional, proper deadlift form, some of the reasons why all women will betray you, what the best hearthstone decks are, etc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Memento posted:

Jon Jones has made a fuckton of money from this sport but he's still the modern-era UFC Champion I consider most likely to be living in a van outside a gym by the time he's 40.

Nah Jones is really good about saving his money. When he was in that car crash with the pregnant woman that he ran away from, he made a point of going back to get his money before running away again.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you gotta pay back debt so if you have a lot of it uhhh.... IPO, sports are not entertainment, retarded crap, etc etc

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If the OSP fight is indicative of the new post-USADA/dick pills/coke bender Jones, I think DC can beat him, although Jon making DC cry in the Octagon again would be more entertaining

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Skip My Posts posted:

you gotta pay back debt so if you have a lot of it uhhh.... IPO, sports are not entertainment, retarded crap, etc etc

Oh yea. Th hat post was retarded. But anything we could ever say about financials is speculation due to how close to the best it's all kept and I don't want to never talk about the business side.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i speculate every day on this board about why pro fighters suck and to be honest i and basically everyone else have no business doing that so if you want to do similar wrt finances / whatever i won't stop you but i sure won't read it.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Based on their ppv numbers the ufc is doing really well, like better then ever.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Rumble has a chance against jones just do to the fact that he's really good at knocking people out, but the most likely outcome is jbj grinding him into dust. I don't think dc has anything for jones.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

If I had to pinpoint the biggest thing WME is doing that's obviously different from previous ownership, it's how they handle title matchups, but even that's a big maybe as most of the egregious ones can 90-100% be attributed to Conor McGregor.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bluedeanie posted:

If I had to pinpoint the biggest thing WME is doing that's obviously different from previous ownership, it's how they handle title matchups, but even that's a big maybe as most of the egregious ones can 90-100% be attributed to Conor McGregor.

how is it different?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I have a sore back today after a gym session.

Could someone please explain to me the correct deadlifting process from end to end?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Push their CEO into a top-down management position and let their asset portfolio pass below your regulatory body

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

how is it different?

Interim.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

how is it different?

They've done an increasing number of interim title fights in divisions where the champion was perfectly healthy and fighting, (although this happened time to time under Zuffa anyway, so it's not even hugely different.)

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Based on their ppv numbers the ufc is doing really well, like better then ever.

Anyone who isn't rousey or mcgregor is getting 150-300k ppv buys, except for probably ufc 200 and whichever card cm punk was on

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bluedeanie posted:

They've done an increasing number of interim title fights in divisions where the champion was perfectly healthy and fighting, (although this happened time to time under Zuffa anyway, so it's not even hugely different.)

yeah there have been a lot of interim belts going around lately

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Pay-per-view : MMAPayout.com: The Business of MMA
http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i assume there's very little crossover between ufc enthusiasts and danny brown enthusiasts but danny brown just went on hot ones and talks about his favorite fighters at about the 6:20 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqZBbBCJL0

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Pay-per-view : MMAPayout.com: The Business of MMA
http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

drat. are those accurate?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Marching Powder posted:

i assume there's very little crossover between ufc enthusiasts and danny brown enthusiasts but danny brown just went on hot ones and talks about his favorite fighters at about the 6:20 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqZBbBCJL0

If you'd said Danny downes I'd be into it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Marching Powder posted:

I love DB so thanks

CHECCCCCCCCCCK

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
05/27/2006 UFC 60 Hughes v. Gracie 620,000
06/22/2006 Strikeforce/EliteXC Shamrock v. Baroni 35,000
07/08/2006 UFC 61 Ortiz v. Shamrock 775,000

fuckin bullshit man

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Jerusalem posted:

Nah Jones is really good about saving his money. When he was in that car crash with the pregnant woman that he ran away from, he made a point of going back to get his money before running away again.

:lol:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I'm not sure where meltzer gets his ppv buy numbers from, but it's all we got

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Thrifting Day! posted:

Could someone please explain to me the correct deadlifting process from end to end?

1. Dont do it until youre in your late 20s and have been sedentary up until that point
2. Take steroids because its hard
3. No one knows what happens at this part yet

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

manyak posted:

1. Dont do it until youre in your late 20s and have been sedentary up until that point

Instagram videos

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Anyone who isn't rousey or mcgregor is getting 150-300k ppv buys, except for probably ufc 200 and whichever card cm punk was on

theres no doubt theyre earning a fortune these days somehow though. well thats about the extent of my interest in the matter unless they want to give me some of the money (approx $500),.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Thrifting Day! posted:

quote:

1.Walk to the bar. Stand with your mid-foot under the bar. Don’t touch it with your shins yet. Hip-width stance, toes out 15°.
2. Grab the bar. Narrow, about shoulder-width apart. Arms vertical from the front-view, hanging just outside your legs.
3. Bend your knees. Keep going until your shins touch the bar. Don’t move the bar. Keep it over your mid-foot.
4. Lift your chest. Straighten your back. Don’t move the bar. Don’t drop your hips. Don’t squeeze your shoulders-blades.
5. Pull. Take a big breath, hold it and stand up. Keep the bar against your legs. Don’t shrug or lean back at the top.
You’ve finished your Deadlift when you’ve locked your hip and knees.
6. Return the weight to the floor by pushing your hips back first. Bend your legs once the bar reaches your knees. Let the weight of the bar pass underneath your hips, neutralizing it. Don’t bend your knees first or you’ll hit them with the bar.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/TimKennedyMMA/status/826894652791996416

Huh

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I like that he still found a way to sound like a huge rear end in a top hat. That took finesse.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

thats cool

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It was in response to someone crying about the boyscouts allowing gays or transformers or something i dunno.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
"Reguardless"

A freudian BJJ slip?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

My skillset allows me to effortlessly instruct, or murder, a trans person.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Told you Tim Kennedy rules.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
*is down by 124 points*

*scores 2*

I told you these guys were good

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Intel&Sebastian posted:

*is down by 124 points*

*scores 2*

I told you these guys were good

Precisely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bluedeanie posted:

I like that he still found a way to sound like a huge rear end in a top hat. That took finesse.

It's impressive.

• Locked thread