Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Someone got probated for making fun of Mobn? Can someone talk with good dude Jerusalem and clue him in here because if Mobn's off limits I don't know if life is real anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bundt Cake posted:

were you here when we found out mage of b. night has been posting here under an alias for years

Holy gently caress.

Mobn, I apologize for a specific reference I made a few pages ago. Everything else, nah.

I always enjoyed Mobn and had no loving clue he re-reged a different account.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Mobn is a she not a he.

What the hell?! I've seen pictures, I remember the banner, either I'm having a stroke or both him and his wife share an account now.

The stroke thing is a very distinct possibility so I wouldn't worry too much.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

im trans. some people from another site are stalking me because they hate trans people. some of them follow me around here. does that clear things up for you?

I'm genuinely sorry for missing that. I'll leave up my posts unless you'd like them taken down. Also sending a PM.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Seeing Marcus Davis get mauled by Ben Saunders was one of the most satisfying experiences of my MMA life.

It makes me sad to see the Barbarian train with his dumb rear end.

Intel, I know what album your AV is parodying...but I can't figure it out. What am I missing?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Trast posted:

Marvel let their artists do tributes to a lot of iconic rap album covers which pissed off a bunch of white nerds on the internet. So basically everyone won.

That's loving great. I'd vote that AV a five.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

What

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's important for champions to have a character: dominick cruz is a cat in human skin, georges st pierre is a robot driven insane by reconciling his customer service politeness programming with being a fighter, and tyronewoodley was raised machida style by an overbearing parent who played the yoshi's island mario crying noise to him in his sleep every day of his life

Ahahahaha do you write anywhere? I feel like you should write.

Also gently caress a Reddit.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Look, #1 Cyborg fan here so take my view with a grain of salt, but does anyone think a tough Brazilian athlete is going to feel comfortable openly telling people her ovaries are busted?

Everything seems to make sense to me if it gets past USADA.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is there a list somewhere I'm missing?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Us American's have a wonderful tradition of finding a good thing and then letting the rich gently caress the hell out of it. So...prepare for that...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Lid posted:

Silva has always seemed to be someone who knew what they were doing, i'd expect Dana to go broke investing in something dumb though.

"These Trump brand fight shorts are truly the biggest and best of the all the fight shorts to ever exist. All the fight shorts. I've looked at all of them and these are big league. The most bigly."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The GDT was so loving funny I didn't even try to follow along and now it's closed. Bravo, BlueDeanie.

Also my dad didn't understand why I kept calling Travis Browne the Tiki Turd Golem. He also didn't understand what was so funny about the forums line, "Johny Hendricks looks like someone who would consider a bowl of corn a meal."

I clearly need to educate him harder.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Pimp Cauldron posted:

that was me, I do poo poo loads of C-69s, in fact I'm going to "C" a 69 with my super hot wife tonite

Av/post make a good combo.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Well, they're both things she has in the morning so I got confused.

Anyway, I'm the definition of a casual fan and I have to admit, the UFC seems really uncompelling to me lately and I haven't seen or heard anyone outside of this forum talking about it recently.

Hang in there. Everything comes in waves. Right now we are trying to see what stars will rise to the occasion as the New Old guard retires. So far it has been McGregor and Rousey. One of those looks like a dead end right now.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Can someone please post the Browne description? TIA.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

manyak posted:

Haha i forgot about the spy thing

It's called a Danaher.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I never saw the film. Is it cringey like when Stephen King has pre-teens loving or cringey in the magical negro trope way?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

cis autodrag posted:

The latter. A magical swamp negro who heals with his blues guitar. Played by Samuel L Jackson.

Worth a watch? Green Mile showed the trope works when done well.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I trust this forum's opinion on non-MMA things. Thank you. (What's wrong with me?!)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

cis autodrag posted:

eat a durian

I've spent most of my life cooking, go to hell.

(I would try it though)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

God drat. Wouldn't that be considered a kick though? Outside of the Chael-cast I know gently caress all about real wrestling.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Be honest because I'm trying to gauge this with my Pops, the ultimate casual fan who hates Bellator. Is this card worth sixty bucks? I want to see Hunt and Wonderboy but everything else seems pretty...meh...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bluedeanie posted:

I hate that it is for a fake belt, but I don't know how you can possibly feel "meh" about Ferguson vs Khabib as a fight. I will forgive you for feeling "meh" about Lando Vannata because I think you were declared legally dead around the time of his UFC debut, where he came in under everyone's radar on short notice and kicked the poo poo out of Ferguson for two rounds before gassing. Rashad Evans on a PPV main card is not really something I can comprehend in 2017, so I don't blame you for any ambivalence there, but there is a very live chance that we will get ragdolled and TKO'D by a friendly, elderly, short Australian judoka and that sounds pretty ok to me.

Oh gently caress, my brain thought Khabib and El Cucuey (spelling?) was the next card.

I think it's the Rashad stank that's putting Pop's off the card. (I mentioned it before, but I take care of my Dad) I'd watch anybody fight all day everyday if I could. But I'm trying to see if it's worth the effort of getting my Dad excited. Sixty bucks too.

Time to fire up Fightpass.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Will someone please fill me in on the Woolley Sage connection? This feels like something I need to know in my brain hole.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

This is all amazing and makes me love Sage. Can we run him for office of some sort?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

SquirrelGrip posted:

he is very well spoken for a punchsports dude

Did his heart ever get sorted?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dr. Abysmal posted:

He said a few weeks ago that he's confident he has the paperwork he needs to get medically cleared to fight again but he has to think about whether or not he really wants to do a comeback because he's been out so long.

Good for him, I hope he does what makes him happy. (Good God he will die if he comes back and I'm not talking about his heart)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I still don't understand why his arm didn't snap. Yeah yeah yeah I've heard the breakdown and everything. Doesn't change my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Overeem can very easily gently caress it up but that goes without saying.

Yeah, I think that's in the bible or something.

• Locked thread