Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Yoel Romero is like the bad guy in an 80s sports drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bubba Smith posted:

And firing Mike Goldberg was the first step

I don't like this thread anymore.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

It certainly would appear that he spent a great deal of his service in the gym/behind a desk. Pretty sure a basic infantry role would ruin someone with his number of injuries. Goodbye knees and back etc.

Super happy that he's still contender material, its not a negative reflection on Bermudez that he went to sleep in round one, TKZ is just still very good.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Marching Powder posted:

He's an extremely good fighter with an obvious red x weak point that conor does not have the tools to exploit. Diaz even had a wrestling advantage for crying out loud and conor going 1 and 1 with him is cool. Not jaw-droppingly impressive but cool.

Nate has always given me the impression that he's not super interested in fighting and has probably never truly fulfilled his ~~~*potential*~~~ I've always thought he was watchable though, especially when Rory McDonald was dropping him on his head. As MP says though he's a very Anti-Conor fighter and would be a troublesome match up for any FW/LW counter-striker.

I'm of the opinion that McGregor and Kavanagh are prepping (in so far as one preps for a theoretical fight 8 months from now) for fighting Khabib later in the year, they've had an American wrestling gold medalist in SBG last month. I on the other hand, think Ugly Tony will tune up Khabib and look forward to 209 in the immediate term.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Marching Powder posted:

It's the only interesting first hand experience I can share so I always like to tell it but I had a long chat with Nate in person and he genuinely dislikes fighting. He takes it (admittedly) irrationally personally when people sign a contract to hurt him for money and that's where his animosity towards his opponents stems from. He says he'd be 100%happy just teaching jiu jitsu, smoking weed, and running triathlons, but it just so happens he's one of the best fighters in the world and it pays real well.

He's a really cool person and I'm a fan of his as a fighter and a person (and he's a loving excellent jiu jitsu instructor) and the thought of him teaching kids and smoking weed with millions of dollars makes me really happy.

Nate sounds like a rad dude. I'm glad he's had some big money fights, vindicating at least all the brain trauma and scar tissue.

EmmyOk posted:

Such a shame we never got McCall/Seery

Very disappointed by this, was looking forward to it.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

UFC 200 Aldo straight up murders Max. I think Frankie would beat Max too. But I like Max and would like to see a competitive display regardless.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The Duck of Death posted:

Looks like it's the sixth.

Eh Seery withdrawing and then McCall getting sick doesn't count as two imo.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Marching Powder posted:

I assume the Irish sun is like it's British counterpart but they're reporting that an agreement has been reached between conor and Mayweather. Nothing signed yet though (of course).

The difference is less anti-irish racsim, but only slightly. I'll believe when I can throw money at the PPV.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Changing the subject from boring as gently caress to vaguely perturbing,

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQe-NhbBzf3/

Either Kelvins taking his diet srsly or hes on the juice?????

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Andrade is gonna get cut to bits on her way in and JJ will Diaz her to victory.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

209 is a really sweet card, don't see why it isn't filling up, though I'd say it'll start to if they have slashed prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Lando, Hunt and Ugly Tony, Judo Dan all for the win.

Dunno about Thompson-Woodley, think I'd actively like to see a Woodley win again if only so he can keep being a loudly aggrieved champion, while starring in a sitcom with Sage.

• Locked thread