Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Dana says Ronda's probably done :rip:

So she's going to be on 208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

why? do u think athletes dont know what their occupational hazards are? dont u think they would have at least made 1 or 2 friends or came into contact with a professional health worker at some point in their career that would tell them about it even if they didnt take the time to find out on their own? people die and get crippled working in regular jobs all the time. and frankly beating the poo poo out of eachother for a living is safer and easier on your body than a lot of them. i agree with the sentiment that there should be more done to educate and protect athletes though

I certainly don't think I'm more aware of the risks than the athletes, with exceptions for your Paul Harrises. Still when I watch someone get hurt real bad it makes me wonder what I get out of it and if my sister isn't right to be repulsed by the whole thing. I keep watching tho.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tsyni posted:

I am learning a lot about american politics from these two. The pedophile rings will be brought down by Trump, mark my words. Obama is also bi, or really likes hot-dogs.

I sometimes read Breitbart comments to drive myself crazy and they called President Obama pajama boy a lot. Maybe they were implying he is secretly a BJJ enthusiast. This changes everything.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I needed that laugh

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm still laughing at this.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Does Holloway have a fight scheduled? I dig that guy's style.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Calling a female fighter attractive has netted me my only probation in ten years. I wish saying someone, male or female, wouldn't throw everyone into such a weird nerd uproar.

Fozzy, I'm just going to preemptively say nobody gives a gently caress what you think on the topic.

You got a week and fatherdog swore at you but you just said attractive. Seems fishy.

Anyway it isn't weird nerd uproar. Dudes got kind of gross about Rousey and Nakai.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rigel posted:

Aside from that, the other changes involve rules for how to wrap hands, and they want to clarify that if you lose control of a bodily function, you will lose by TKO.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/deep-thoughts-1/2859832

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trast posted:

Corn to the core.

Oh my!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Southpaugh posted:

It certainly would appear that he spent a great deal of his service in the gym/behind a desk. Pretty sure a basic infantry role would ruin someone with his number of injuries. Goodbye knees and back etc.

Super happy that he's still contender material, its not a negative reflection on Bermudez that he went to sleep in round one, TKZ is just still very good.

I don't know anything about Korean mandatory military service but I bet famous athletes get special treatment.

Does their military have an esports team?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

canoshiz posted:

I know Boxer did a thing with the military when Brood War was still huge

edit:

For some reason ACE is hilarious to me.

So is that Romero burn on Bisping!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Todd Duffee must also be one of the best fighters in the UFC

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

There are only like 7 ballots for the MMA awards, get some votes in, please?

Thread

I'm too ill informed. I'm doing you a favor by not filling in a ballot.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So long Hamderlei. I don't know anything about her but I love the nickname.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm not going to miss Goldie but that poo poo is funny

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

chaleski posted:

Supposedly a year from when she popped, so December maybe? Hopefully they throw the book at her and she takes the full two years.

I think she can only get 1 year for what she tested for.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

she'll fail again

It seems likely

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nolove is a terrible nickname so it's sort of not surprising the mangled heart theme isn't great either.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

canoshiz posted:

I think he would beat Woodley easily. I don't want to see that fight only because it would validate all of Woodley's whining.

Which whining? Links please.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Every pic of Hendricks he looks more insane than the last. He's got crazy eyes. This is not a compliment.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Has GSP done tune up fights before?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

:siren: Johny Hendricks Watch, 2017 :siren:

Johny Hendricks has successfully made weight; 185.5lbs.

I hope no one made any prop bets!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This is great news

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

quote:

“Her use of the medication was not initially disclosed; but more importantly, once contacted by USADA, she immediately identified the medication as the source of her positive test, submitted all necessary medical information and demonstrated that it was being used for legitimate medical purposes without enhancing her performance. Those are the primary considerations when reviewing any TUE application.”

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Mark hunt would kill a downed man if his knees could bend.

He can bend 'em. He doesn't need to do it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Looten Plunder posted:

Do the free fights that go up on the UFC Youtube page stay there forever or do they get taken down once the event that they were intended to promote has concluded?

They get rotated in and out depending on what they're promoting.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Watching the JRE with Dom Cruz. I am definitely a fan.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

is the video of 9 year old khabib wrestling a bear cub going around actually real?

I feel like he tweeted that it wasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

chaleski posted:

Dickhead Tony "where's your son" Ferguson called Khabib a bully for some reason, I hope Khabib suplex him into create a crater

• Locked thread