Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm going with no love in spirit and money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I don't think tj's attacks are more difficult to defend against than Dom's and I can't stop seeing Dom committing to, and whiffing, a dozen strikes in a row.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

vitor is really good .. this thread really sleeps on him. his style isnt pretty but its no joke either

i think everyone in this thread has always said vitor is insanely dangerous and prone to gassing and giving up which isn't really sleeping on him so much as saying exactly what's prone to happening when he fights.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Riggs: The history of America is actually written in the blood of black people.

Murtaugh: I'm not too old for this poo poo!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Misha Cirkunov, Rick Story and Lorenz Larkin are apparently no longer on the UFC roster.

Didn't Lorenz just finish loving up magny?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i speculate every day on this board about why pro fighters suck and to be honest i and basically everyone else have no business doing that so if you want to do similar wrt finances / whatever i won't stop you but i sure won't read it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i assume there's very little crossover between ufc enthusiasts and danny brown enthusiasts but danny brown just went on hot ones and talks about his favorite fighters at about the 6:20 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqZBbBCJL0

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

My skillset allows me to effortlessly instruct, or murder, a trans person.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

ummmm... alright.

sounds great

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I can form opinions on people who post stupid stuff online but Tim Kennedy is fairly unique in that he used a tshirt give away to insinuate that he could now travel to the perspective recipient's houses and murder them with his gun.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I probably have a chance to show one fight to by TKZ to my Dad to get him hyped. Would you guys go with Zombie/Garcia?

The Poirier fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

another thing to consider is that since tkz went on sabbatical featherweight has turned into a loving shark tank. my concern is that even if tkz comes back as good as when he left, he'd maybe be a top 15 guy at this point.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Dennis Bermudez was in the middle of really long win streak the last time TKZ fought, now he's on a two fight win streak over a cool old man and a bad brazilian fighter. Right before that, he was finished brutally twice in a row. If featherweight has turned into a shark tank, I don't think Dennis is a symptom of that.

errr, yeah. that's what i was saying. when tkz left, dennis was a loving beast (relative to the division). now he's struggling to fit in the top 10, and i actually think tkz will lose to him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

imagine your marquee fighters in a division beating bader, davis and tito and no one knows for sure who the best might be.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I like Phil Davis a lot, he's a funny and chill dude. I wish he had done better in the ufc

Actually he did do well in the UFC, he just never got the stardom thing

phil davis was great because as an unbeaten rising star he was so confident in his ability to gently caress jones up that he was honestly surprised at his capacity to get thoroughly thrashed by rashad.

he then recovered his ego after 'beating' lyoto machida, and the entire run-up to his fight with rumble was spent talking poo poo at jon jones, which resulted in another hilarious thrashing by a man not named jon jones.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I picked up a T-Shirt from a Midwestern Goodwill type store called Savers that is red and says nothing but, "Mr. Wonderful" on it. I was going to use it for a forums bet when Phil Davis fought for a belt.

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

as with literally every other fight nate diaz has ever been in his opponent has a clear route to victory

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I'm just so happy tkz is back. His fight with Poirier is all-time for me. And the uppercut was picture perfect.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

The only thing I know about Jon Anik is that he refuses to compliment the ring girls and says things like "Arianny.... is in the building tonight..."

the audible hover hand

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

i have to admit that his joke sailed right under my hips. please explain?

Dada was an anti art movement where legit famous artists did things like present a toilet as an art exhibition, forcing high-faluting upper class dickheads to either call a toilet art or a famous artist terrible.or they could just be like, 'that's a toilet', but they won't because of the context of the space.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i mean i get the reference to dada (worthless art degree after all :v:), but im apparently slow to day and im not quite connecting it to my post he quoted unless it was just a real nice way of saying "no poo poo it hurts my post was a joke dipshit". which ill gladly wear if that's what it was.

keven is just showing his solidarity with the berkeley rioters during this fascist occupation of the white house the only way he knows how - avant garde posting.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

chaleski posted:

They could fold the Invicta 145lb division into the UFC like they did the WEC and it would still be a wasteland

I've been saying for ages that even though people are signed to the UFC, have the non-title / top contender fights in their lovely divisions (lhw, mw, w135 and w145) on the cards of their premiere feeder leagues. It gives the feeder leagues some name / production value and could drive viewership of these organisations while simultaneously not forcing us to watch lovely fights that honestly aren't ufc calibre.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Is Joe Silva gone yet?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

That fight has some cool highlights but entire rounds are uninteresting and entirely forgettable.

My take on woodley / wonderboy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

there is a distinct possibility that bisping can outbox yoel on the outside for 5 rounds. yoel in rounds 4 and 5 would be genuinely pathetic. i wouldn't say it's a probability, yoel can cover distance and land shots with insane speed, but bisping is pretty loving good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

I feel weird about rooting for bisping too, but I take comfort in knowing that when he gets KOd, its still mike bisping

He really does own.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Amazing that he beat a really old man and a really stupid one then another really old one all in a row. The explanation is definitely steroids.

2 of those guys have definitely done steroids, and the other guy after some spectacular performances got totally and easily bested by Michael Bisping at around the time steroids became extremely hard to do. I think it's worth considering. He'll I think it's worth lolling.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Queering Wheel posted:

I really hope Korean Zombie gets to fight for a title one more time. He looked so good in his comeback and stuffed the takedowns easily before the KO. I could see a title fight happening now that he's had all that time to get healthy and stay in shape.

He didn't seem to have a lot for Aldo last time around bit hell, same.

CommonShore posted:

KZ vs Holloway could be the greatest fight ever.

Yeah that'd be sick

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

big money big clit posted:

Aldo had just gone five rounds with Edgar the fight before without ever being in trouble. And went five with Lamas and Mendes after.

Edgar visibly took over in 4 and 5. And 3 too.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

In their first fight Edgar got beat up in the 3rd and 5th rounds. He didn't take over anything.

Yeah the judges thought so too, but I disagree.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Y'all in denial about Aldo. He has a history of mismanaging his energy in a career littered with five round wins.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

and yet the only loss he's ever had was a flash ko in the opening seconds of a fight against one of the greatest power punchers in the history of the division. i don't think going 5 rounds is detrimental to aldo's ability to win.

That was my point. Even when he 'gassed', Aldo has had no trouble winning decisions.

And he looked nothing short of perfect in the second Edgar fight. If gas was a problem for Aldo, it's got no bearing on his current form.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i don't disagree. that just wasn't really coming through in your previous posts. he definitely tires somewhat, it's just never been a problem at all.

My position is he has visibly slowed in the later rounds in more fights than the hominick fight. Despite slowing, he is usually well in control of the fight at that point, as evidenced by his numerous five round decision victories.

And Edgar won the first time :D

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He lost and it wasn't close. Then he lost even worse the second time. It is a reversal of Edgar's fights with BJ.

i'm very mad that you're posting these things

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the only division which conor has looked invincible in was the one that his own coach said his size advantage was unfair.

in the division he should probably be fighting in he's a great fighter who is not yet as accomplished as noted bantamweight frank the answer edgar

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

The same one but hes 1 inch shorter so it counts more

and a few more inches shorter where it counts ;)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

You don't go from "gas in a few minutes" to "go five hard rounds" in a 12 week training camp.

conor did

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

has fightpass become an unplayable piece of poo poo for anyone else? i haven't used it in a while and it's really struggling to play a fight library fight at a decent resolution.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

you can do most of the work in a couple of weeks if youve been there before. although i have to wonder why fighters are letting their cardio slip so far in the first place ,seems like somewhere that the game could improve

the fight camp cycle is extremely physically and mentally taxing. way more than other sports i've done. after every single fight i've ever had i immediately turn into a slovenly piece of poo poo for a few months and i'm only in the gym like twice a week to do really low key stuff.

i can't really explain it, and i'd like to think if i was getting paid tens of thousands and it was my literal job that it'd be different but i'm not alone in that attitude even in the ranks of world class pros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

actually basically every fight camp starts with me feeling bad about being fat after the last fight, so i'll go back to training to look good again, but there's no sense training without purpose... sure i'll take a fight..... 2-3 months later....

• Locked thread