Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It would be cooler, to me, if Conor defended a belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I wouldn't say anything is certain, but GSP's personality, the people surrounding him, his last experience while fighting and his pile of well managed passive income makes me think he wouldn't come back if he wasn't at least as good as he was when he left. I'm guessing he threw a Johnny brick in the river while he was away.

It was more likely a case of Omaha Steaks

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

so is it confirmed yet that lewis grabbing his tummy after every body shot was just browne knocking his poops around uncomfortably?

Having to take a poo poo is not something they do an in competition/post fight test for to the best of my knowledge, so we will probably just have to take his word for it

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Anyone else going to 209? I'll maybe let you borrow a spare papakha

... how many do you own?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Be honest because I'm trying to gauge this with my Pops, the ultimate casual fan who hates Bellator. Is this card worth sixty bucks? I want to see Hunt and Wonderboy but everything else seems pretty...meh...

I hate that it is for a fake belt, but I don't know how you can possibly feel "meh" about Ferguson vs Khabib as a fight. I will forgive you for feeling "meh" about Lando Vannata because I think you were declared legally dead around the time of his UFC debut, where he came in under everyone's radar on short notice and kicked the poo poo out of Ferguson for two rounds before gassing. Rashad Evans on a PPV main card is not really something I can comprehend in 2017, so I don't blame you for any ambivalence there, but there is a very live chance that we will get ragdolled and TKO'D by a friendly, elderly, short Australian judoka and that sounds pretty ok to me.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Trast posted:

Who would goons think has better jujitsu? A kangaroo or Jake Shields?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3R7DC83XlQ

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Will someone please fill me in on the Woolley Sage connection? This feels like something I need to know in my brain hole.

They train together and are friends

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

He denied it for a while and then started claiming it was. People like to think that it was because they finally wore him down and got him to admit it, rather than he realized it was a marketing opportunity, which is the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

i think overeem is gonna try to get it to the ground where he has an enormous advantage

I don't think that advantage is near as big as it was when they first fought though.

• Locked thread