Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Barao fights at featherweight now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Captain Log posted:

And luckily nothing of value was lost.

You're crazy. Cirkunov is really good and Larkin has been pretty dynamite since moving to welterweight. Story has always been a pretty good hand too. I think it's bad that the UFC is letting good fighters walk away.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Bisping doesn't get enough credit for getting rid of Cung Le

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Rigel posted:

Aside from that, the other changes involve rules for how to wrap hands, and they want to clarify that if you lose control of a bodily function, you will lose by TKO.

Just another way that Yoel Romero has cheated.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Marching Powder posted:

He's an extremely good fighter with an obvious red x weak point that conor does not have the tools to exploit. Diaz even had a wrestling advantage for crying out loud and conor going 1 and 1 with him is cool. Not jaw-droppingly impressive but cool.

Not to mention that Nate is three times the size of Conor.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Intel&Sebastian posted:

She was stepping in for an AKA Bride on a weeks notice

Lol

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Le Saboteur posted:

I can't believe they just removed Jessamyn Duke from their roster considering she's had like 2 fights in Invicta already.

The story there was that she was still under UFC contract but asked to go to Invicta to gain some more experience because she was under performing in the UFC, and then she was finished in the first round twice in a row in Invicta as well

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

kimbo305 posted:

Angela Hill is clearly someone who doesn't cut easily, but don't let that single black eye make you think she walked away from that without any long term effects to the brain :smith:

Yeah, she seems to be happy to receive Street Fighter V. Clearly there's some long term damage we're dealing with here.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Charles Gnarwin posted:

There's still a day left for something to go wrong. I won't believe that Uncle Creepy is fighting until the first punch connects.

This guy knew what was up.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This is the fifth consecutive scheduled Ian McCall fight that has been called off. He also now takes the lead 3-2 in being the reason for the fight cancellation.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

I.N.R.I posted:

hopefully its a year from the decision and not from the date of the positive. it will probably be from the positive though. testing positive in mma doesnt seem to hit a fighters career very hard

It's usually retroactive to the positive test result, so they get credit for "time served" while waiting for the athletic commission to make their decision on the punishment.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sara McMann's tattoo is pretty funny

https://mobile.twitter.com/furysfightpicks/status/736719640672362496?lang=en

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Joanna vs. Carla is one of my favorite MMA beatdowns. Joe Rogan's increasing horror ("Oh man! Oh man!") as the fight goes on and the way the ref perfectly times his stoppage to catch Carla as she falls down are great.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Joe Rogan would more likely rant about how a trans woman shouldn't be allowed to fight cis women, because that was his opinion on Fallon Fox

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

willie_dee posted:

I think Derrick "The Black Beast" Lewis Vs Travis Browne should be really good, im really rooting for Derrick as he seems to be very funny on social media.

Please tell me he hasn't got any horror stories in his closet and hes a legit nice guy.

He served three and a half years in prison for aggravated assault (of a KKK guy according to him) and the UFC did a fluff piece on how MMA turned his life around prior to his last fight which was insanely bad

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Skip My Posts posted:

any word on why choi pulled out of the barao fight?

He got married this past weekend, that might have something to do with it? I don't know when the fight was actually scheduled for

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The final UFC fights for Horiguchi (Ali Bagautinov) and Cirkunov (Nikita Krylov) ended up being the rare "Loser and Winner Both Leave Town" match ups

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This article about Horiguchi says they turned down the UFC's offer based on both the money offered and the fight schedule. Krylov also turned them down, and Dana White's comment on Cirkunov was that he met with him but Cirkunov "flaked out" on their offer so Dana was "done" with him. So it sounds like the UFC is making offers to these guys and the guys aren't liking what they're being offered.

http://www.flocombat.com/article/52124-kyoji-horiguchi-is-officially-a-free-agent#.WKcuHzsrLZs

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It also kinda reminds me of the old stories where Dana would declare himself "done" with somebody while negotiating and then Lorenzo would step in and hammer out a deal, but Lorenzo isn't there anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Captain Log posted:

Did his heart ever get sorted?

He said a few weeks ago that he's confident he has the paperwork he needs to get medically cleared to fight again but he has to think about whether or not he really wants to do a comeback because he's been out so long.

• Locked thread