Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gay Horney posted:

Destroying someone after they're clearly out, announcing that you would like to gently caress Ronda in your post fight presser, and being able to hold your poo poo inside of your body is a recipe for being far far more likeable than Tim Sylvia

There's a lot of things that are a recipe for that, in all fairness.

Travis Browne, however, fulfilled one of the things that makes you somehow less likeable than Tim Sylvia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

speculating about whatever percentage stake joe silva may have had is immaterial, if it was a quarter of a percent it'd still be in excess of 10 million bucks, and the dude lives in virginia, not vegas. he's somewhere on the scale between set for life and set for a million lifetimes

Essentially, wasn't the given reason for his departure "I don't have to work anymore, so I'm not working anymore"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JaySB posted:

I would really like to see Lewis vs Ngannou

It'd be really good and they're probably at a similar point in the overall skill hierarchy but I can imagine the UFC keeping them apart because Lewis is a funny dude and marketable and Ngannou has a huge upside and is making waves. I don't think they'll want one to take the wind out of the others sails at this point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Where is the evidence of Travis Browne winning?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The flying Hendo punch is a disgrace in real terms, but it was also really cool so gently caress it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looten Plunder posted:

Do the free fights that go up on the UFC Youtube page stay there forever or do they get taken down once the event that they were intended to promote has concluded?

They usually get taken down but I don't know when.
If it's a good fight, you could always use a youtube downloader though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9yKYJQpK0

The Inside the Octagon for Wonderboy Woodley 2 is a good watch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is the best card in quite a while. Both title fights should be great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Log posted:

Did his heart ever get sorted?

Doctors here in the UK said it was never an issue in the first place. Probably an abundance of safety and want of avoiding liability for the UFC if something did happen, which you can't find fault with really.

God, I hope he wins and we theoretically see him fight Conor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I thought Robin Black was just some weird celebrity into MMA, but he's actually a former fighter even though he looks like Elvira's fat cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can see Conor finally defending a belt if Tony wins. I don't think he wants any of Khabib.

• Locked thread