Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

He also just said that Jon Jones will likely fight the winner of DC vs Rumble in July so I look forward to Bones' next coke-fueled disaster/drug test failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

At this point it feels like the only question is whether it happens before the fight or after he wins the title (the latter would probably be far funnier)

Jones beats up DC to unify the belts, gets popped again, and DC goes back to being Interim Champ in the meanwhile while Jon goes on his 20th redemption story

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

This one on Saturday looks like crap

Which naturally means it's gonna own

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If the OSP fight is indicative of the new post-USADA/dick pills/coke bender Jones, I think DC can beat him, although Jon making DC cry in the Octagon again would be more entertaining

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

we need to stop doubting this man

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Captain Log posted:

Rogan and Cormier would be fine. Anik is just a speak and spell with a spreadsheet in front of him.

Anik is much better when his voice doesn't blend in with Florian's, and his post fight interviews are pretty good

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

for real though, getting punched in the tits loving hurts and im honestly always really astonished at miesha's ability to just not react to getting hit there at all. i recall someone teeping her right in the chest and i physically winced.

The only time I remember it bothering somebody was Jojo - Letourneau

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

definitely. i've done no conclusive research but it certainly seems like pretty fighters get pushed harder in the women's division whereas the UFC happily pushed Brock Lesnar who is only described that way in the sentence "pretty hosed up colon".

They also tried to push Cyborg in spite of her trying to commit career suicide at every turn, even though she roided herself into the Joker

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Memento posted:

"She's going to be a threat to everyone in the division!"

So, Holly then.

They could fold the Invicta 145lb division into the UFC like they did the WEC and it would still be a wasteland

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

That was a good fight

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

lol

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

willie_dee posted:

She was very nasty to Randa so yea, agree with you here, watching her get destroyed against JC was a lot less painful because of what a nasty person she came across as on TUF. Very much a bully.

I try to take reality TV with a grain of salt but all of the "mean girls" on that season appear to be every bit as awful as they seemed

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Aldo has also been the #1 Featherweight in the world before the UFC had the division, and fought (and beat) nearly every FW worth mentioning. Conor's rise has been nothing short of amazing, but barely going 1-1 with Nate Diaz in vanity fights while not defending your belts isn't nearly as impressive.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

sportsgenius86 posted:

Reports are that things are fine but a teammate has gone to console his wife anyway

lmao jesus

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Did Anderson retire? Because he should.

It's probably an unpopular opinion here but I completely agree, watching the former P4P best fighter on the planet win unconvincing, somewhat boring fights against fringe top-10 opponents is pretty unappealing. Unless they give him the super fights against the likes of GSP that he asked for, that could be fun.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

SquirrelGrip posted:

lobov is trash

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I hope De Randamie vs Cyborg is a terrible trainwreck that ends in a draw or DQ or some poo poo and Dana just agrees the division was a mistake and we all pretend it never happened

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

red19fire posted:

When does Cyborg get off her suspension? and start the countdown for popping again?

Supposedly a year from when she popped, so December maybe? Hopefully they throw the book at her and she takes the full two years.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The worst tattoo in MMA will always be Alan Belcher's Johnny Cash tattoo

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The upside to Carla being ranked so high is there's a slight chance she'll get thrashed by Joanna again

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

My favorite Nunes moment so far is when she comes out looking like she was going to fight smart and keep Ronda on the end of her punches, then immediately brawling after she hurts Ronda and realizes Ronda has nothing for her.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Remember when Shinya Aoki fought that kickboxer under mixed rules in Dream and got hilariously knocked out after acting like a loving idiot in the kickboxing round? They should make Conor vs Floyd a mixed rules match for the most potential hilarity.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Maia vs GSP title eliminator

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Did I miss something about GSP going to 185 or is this just speculation? From what I understand he's not one of the bigger WWs and he's even talked about dropping to 155 before, and I'm not sure how well he'd do against some of the monsters like Yoel

155 coincidentally would be a good weight for him to fight Conor

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

savinhill posted:

Has there been any vanity rap projects by a UFC fighter yet, or is any non numetal music involvement frowned upon by the higherups?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2N2TiKI3o

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I just posted a video rear end in a top hat

quote:

This video is unavailable.

Sorry about that.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

jesus christ that is bad

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You should walk out to the American DBZ openings, duh

It's a shame Carlos Newton never used it

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I really hope GSP's first fight isn't Bisping, that is the least appealing "superfight" I've ever heard of

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Also now that Cyborg is back for sure, i'm curious to see how Germaine keeps ducking her

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dan Didio posted:

I think the rule changes are all good changes.

I agree, but it would be really cool if they'd enforce them

And as soon as I post that the ref cracks down

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm glad Lombard lost

Lombard, Browne, and Esparza all lost

Not a bad night

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

iirc he was pretty burnt out, his job was pretty much his life 24/7

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Browne is similar to Overeem in that they immediately throw all fight IQ out the window as soon as they get tagged and instead skitter around helplessly

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

GSP would double-leg Conor into the cheap seats, if GSP can make 155 comfortably then I think that's the worst possible matchup for him

Outside of boxing Mayweather of course

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah that's kinda lovely

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Roy Jones Jr. wants to fight Anderson Silva on the hypothetical McGregor-Mayweather card

The logistics of all four of them coming to an agreement sounds like a long shot, but we can possibly watch a modern great and an all-time P4P great fighter get humiliated back to back in the same night

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I would feel bad for a comatose Bisping getting punched in the head after he's down, but he likes to eye-gouge, low blow, and spit on people so gently caress him

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He should have hit Bisping another time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Lando is gonna use spinning poo poo to merk some random guy without a Wikipedia page and it's gonna be cool

• Locked thread