Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It all seems stupid and fishy to me too, but :shrug:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Le Saboteur posted:

The explanation from her physician is that it was an emergency condition requiring the drug. Clearly the paperwork checked out and an athlete if they are in a condition where they require a banned drug shouldn't have to wait on a bureaucracy to allow them. That's the point of the retroactive TUE.

Then her duty was to report it to USADA immediately instead of waiting til she tested positive.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Letournau at least dropped three straight. Cirkunov is an undefeated prospect in a division which desperately needs prospects.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Krylov was the one who opted to not resign:

quote:

“I'm not particularly upset. God willing, there is still opportunities after a couple of years. There wasn’t a stumbling block, in fact. The only thing is that the old contract ended, and they wanted me to sign a new one. I did not want to, and because of this the UFC did not give me a fourth fight, relying on the contract and agreed to let me go.”

While Krylov didn’t offer any specific details about his reason not to re-sign with the promotion, it appears to have been rooted in a contractual dispute. Currently residing in Moscow, Krylov is already fielding various offers from local promotions interested in his services.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/2/18/14656970/krylov-not-particularly-upset-after-opting-not-to-re-sign-with-the-ufc

That makes me kind of sad. I was hoping that he'd end up breaking the most career UFC fights record.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Johny Hendricks should fight Anderson Silva

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have a lot of sympathy for Tim Sylvia. After all, he does have to cope with being Tim Sylvia. Probably the second-least respected champion in UFC history (after Esparza), and by far the most depressing ratio of respect to accomplishment.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I love that the guy who has the worst reputation as a gym bully is named "Hector Lombard."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lid posted:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/2/22/14697194/cris-cyborg-santos-justino-banned-substance-retroactive-tue-ped-ufc-usada-spironolactone

Cyborg never disclosed her, quote entirely legal, substance until after she tested positive for it USADA have finally admitted.

Ian Kidd articles on MMA drug testing are not worth reading. He has a habit of being deliberately obtuse and selectively quoting the regulations to make USADA look bad because he has a boner for Machida and is mad about how Machida's case was handled.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lid posted:

what happened to mmajunkie which had the worst website name ever that was directly oppositional to its actual content

I hate how those cunts have an unrelated autoplaying video on every one of their articles.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Andrade is more dangerous than Gadelha, and no champion has ever defended in Dallas.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Glenn Quebec posted:

Who the gently caress is Terry etim

A guy who was like 5-0 doing reasonably well in the UFC until Edson Barboza starched him with a wheel kick. Yes, that wheel kick.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 23, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Glenn Quebec posted:

Thank you I know exactly what you're talking about and exactly who he is now lol

I was wrong about his record.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

cis autodrag posted:

he was one of the "next anderson silvas" wasn't he?

He had some hype behind him for a bit because he was a non-American fighter with a 4-fight win streak at 155 - the same night as the Barboza KO, the same night as RDA ended Etim's streak, Edgar extended his own streak to 4 by beating BJ Penn and becoming champ. The only other fighters I can remember with 4+ at that time were Maynard and Miller, so it was a significant achievement at that time. And for comparison, a 4-fight run got Clay Guida into a title eliminator vs Bendo a year later.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 23, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skjorte posted:

The Barboza KO happened almost two years after that event. Edgar won the title in Abu Dhabi on a card that definitely didn't have anything as cool as that KO. Etim apparently lost to RDA on that card, but I have zero recollection of that fight ever happening.

damnit you're right. This is what I get for posting and checking these facts at the same time as I'm working. My point was about Etim's win streak ending.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Counterpoint -

Mark Hunt does the opposite and Mark Hunt owns because of it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just did some reading on it, and it appears that he's included as a heterosexual model in this mix of gay models, and he's doing so to make a personal statement of inclusivity.

So he's not gay, he's just saying that he's happy to have gay men admire his bare chest.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento - will you be doing the March GDT?

Also....

UFC March - So we're throwing spinning poo poo now?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh I also just learned that the old guitarist from Anthrax apparently gave up his secondary career as a luxury watch maker and will be fighting Mark Godbeer at UFC 209.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Captain Log posted:

Oh gently caress, my brain thought Khabib and El Cucuey (spelling?) was the next card.

I think it's the Rashad stank that's putting Pop's off the card. (I mentioned it before, but I take care of my Dad) I'd watch anybody fight all day everyday if I could. But I'm trying to see if it's worth the effort of getting my Dad excited. Sixty bucks too.

Time to fire up Fightpass.

It is the next card. UFC 209, bitch, on Saturday.

(I'm assuming that there will be a Diaz-themed GDT.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento posted:

the NYSAC has denied that appeal]NYSAC denied Holly's appeal

New thread is up!. Let me know where I inevitably hosed up, because I inevitably gently caress something up.

I just wanted to close my thread with one of those thread-closing posts, so here it is.

• Locked thread