Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

TJ opens as a favorite over Cody no love

excited for this fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
The more I think about TJ + Bang and their kickboxing formula, and the way garbrandt attacks, Im leaning towards a KO a little bit. Not sure for which guy. Probably garbrandt

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

I don't think tj's attacks are more difficult to defend against than Dom's and I can't stop seeing Dom committing to, and whiffing, a dozen strikes in a row.

Skip My Posts posted:

If TJ wins by stoppage i think it will be tko or sub after hurting him with strikes. I don't think he will get a KO unless he hits him with a big high kick or something. TJ doesn't seem to have a lot of power

i think tj does more damage than cruz and hes committed to trying to wear the other guy down and beat them up unlike cruz

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Cruz should fight Barao, for his self esteem

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

i think everyone in this thread has always said vitor is insanely dangerous and prone to gassing and giving up which isn't really sleeping on him so much as saying exactly what's prone to happening when he fights.

i defended vitor for years but the fact is he was always roided and one dimensional. its a great dimension but hes never been able to win a fight where he had to do anything but exchange with slower, sloppier punchers

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
also vitors herring win was an absolute robbery. He didnt do a thing to heath.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I don't think there's really anyone else whose highs have been so high and whose lows have been so low. He's absolutely had a hall of fame career for fighting in the UFC for 20 years alone.

alistair is a better version of vitor. he roided more and won more stuff

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

Riggs: The history of America is actually written in the blood of black people.

Murtaugh: I'm not too old for this poo poo!

hahaha

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

another thing to consider is that since tkz went on sabbatical featherweight has turned into a loving shark tank. my concern is that even if tkz comes back as good as when he left, he'd maybe be a top 15 guy at this point.

Im not concerned about that because Aldo is still the best and TKZ was very competitive. Not fighting for two years is bad but he was good

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Yeah.... I was being sarcastic too... because you make many unfunny posts.

hes dead, posting as a ghost, whats your excuse

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

me too

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

I mean yeah probably not, but if he can avoid getting brutally knocked out I could see him getting yoel really gassed and unloading

i wish yoel was exactly hector lombard instead of a way better version of hector lombard

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Snowman_McK posted:

Yoel finishes people in the third round of three round fights all the time. The rest of the time, he wins by decision.

hes an obvious cheat but hes a ko threat big time for 3 rounds and also a ragdoll threat although he does seem like a dumb aggressive guy who might not have the best defense . i dont know if bisping is going to be able to outwork yoel but he has the guts and cardio to survive yoels best i think. hes kinda relying on taking over in the final 3 rounds, or yoel gassing from beating him up

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

I never ever EVER thought I'd be typing this but Bisping is really good at a lot of things.

I hope you're right.

I feel weird about rooting for bisping too, but I take comfort in knowing that when he gets KOd, its still mike bisping

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Can I be a Mike Dolce now

Yes

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

Someone got probated for making fun of Mobn? Can someone talk with good dude Jerusalem and clue him in here because if Mobn's off limits I don't know if life is real anymore.

were you here when we found out mage of b. night has been posting here under an alias for years

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

There is more to the story than you all know but this isn't a town hall about me. Nobody else has been probated for making fun of me.

No ones mad at you sweetie

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fozzy The Bear posted:

We don't need you to probate anyone ever. We take care of things in house. Stick to WWE.

If we could take care of things in house you wouldnt be posting here anymore

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

See you dont take it seriously

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

tesilential posted:

Mobn, never change

lol

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

LobsterMobster posted:

take that poo poo to the b-league thread

thank you

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

Why though? Is it because gsp's probably not the same anymore or because you really think tyron could beat regular gsp?

I think wonderboy gets taken down and destroyed, and Woodley get picked apart from range.

once upon a time yeah

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I agree, with Hendricks out of the picture he's far less likely to get an anal cream pie and will find an opponent willing to use protection and maintain his clean image

lol

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

Yeah he could not be the same anymore but we won't know until we see him.

He did visibly lose a step after the knee injury.

i dont think the last gsp i saw is going to dominate the top guys. even if he wins i think its going to look more like nick/condit/hendricks

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

savinhill posted:

Has there been any vanity rap projects by a UFC fighter yet, or is any non numetal music involvement frowned upon by the higherups?

On the same topic, I would love if Nate Diaz became a lyrical wordsmith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8gPYZ2P31o not quite but related

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
my experience googling rampage jackson rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ7embCK6ek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EecJRiE--HA

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Can someone link CortXbomb rapping

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Thank you you're fantastic

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

lol

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm glad Lombard lost

Same to the max

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hes tall fat and stupid

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Ditch posted:

Wouldn't it be another boring ground control exercise like GSP vs Diaz, which for some reason people are clamoring to see a rematch of? Conor got taken down by Chad$, who is 20-30 pounds smaller than GSP, doesn't have as good a top game, and doesn't train with Olympic wrestlers.

I'll grant that GSP fights are more likely to be good and cool than Mayweather fights, but in both cases I'm amazed that there is hype for fights that are likely to be really boring and one-sided (GSP vs Diaz 2, GSP vs Conor, Mayweather vs anyone).

diaz not only survived he made gsp work enough that gsp got tired . nicks got one of the best guards for not taking hits. Conor would have to be pretty hard to control on the ground to make it to diaz levels of success

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
GSP beat Hughes and BJ, two living legends, and also before the serra fight he was aggressive, doing things only he could do, and dramatically finishing people.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
gsp got tired from nick turtling from what I remember, and gsp was either forced or chose to give up trying to grapple nick anymore for the last 2 rounds

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
IM glad he did it to Bisping + Lombard

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
theyre supposed to keep fighting until the ref stops it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

dan hardy is good

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

SquirrelGrip posted:

he is very well spoken for a punchsports dude

His analysis got me more excited about the fight im probably most excited about in the foreseeable future

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

manyak posted:

Conor would have a chance against either guy but this fight is pretty clearly gonna decide who the current best LW is

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Same

• Locked thread