Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Twitter Man posted:

For whatever reason people didn't really admit Rockhold's flaws and limitations as a striker even after Vitor punked him. You can't really just write it off as "TRT" when a guy's entire striking game is shut down like that.

(I have now made two posts in a row about Vitor and don't know how I feel about that)

Rockhold didn't take bisping seriously. He clowns bisping like 8 outta 10 times in my opinion if he fights to his potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The op is so Fuckin long lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
TJ opens as a favorite over Cody no love

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cody has the power to finish and dealt with Cruz no problem but I think TJ is more dangerous for him. Even money fight in my opinion

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sprecherscrow posted:

Not saying I'd pick Cody to win or actually put money down myself, but I feel an underdog Garbrandt's gotta be a good value pick against anyone at this point.

It was like -130 for TJ and +100 for no love. So not much there

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I consider it a pick'em fight but who knows

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He's not slower than Cruz by any means

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If TJ wins by stoppage i think it will be tko or sub after hurting him with strikes. I don't think he will get a KO unless he hits him with a big high kick or something. TJ doesn't seem to have a lot of power

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bundt Cake posted:

i think tj does more damage than cruz and hes committed to trying to wear the other guy down and beat them up unlike cruz

EmmyOk posted:

I think TJ is better on the lead than Cruz is.

Agreed

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's funny that Cruz is ducking call outs and waiting for a shot for some reason. You got clowned, go get a win first before you act entitled to a shot

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cruz was more than willing to fight guys like Mighty Mouse that are much smaller than him why not take a fight at featherweight ?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i don't think it will happen but if bisping knocks out romero that would be so tight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dana also said that they offered nick Diaz a fight against Maia and if he turns it down he will offer it to masvidal or something

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bundt Cake posted:

alistair is a better version of vitor. he roided more and won more stuff

True

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.instagram.com/p/BP9QPS3hx-T/

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

Got to say I'm a bisping fan which is why it's going to be so bittersweet when Yoel Romero brutally KOs him after cheating a bunch.

yeah

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This pic just came up in my fb memories lol

nice

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

Riggs: The history of America is actually written in the blood of black people.

Murtaugh: I'm not too old for this poo poo!

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
they want a huge tv deal like the mainstream sports have, it's funny you think the UFC can be "resold" via IPO

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

Yeah you're right - I really meant that they'll continue to unload it piecemeal to investors, but IPO is the wrong term for that.

yeah that's a guess someone could make i suppose

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Bisping doesn't get enough credit for getting rid of Cung Le

yeah great comeback, bisping is so tough

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

the ufc at least seems same old same old to me. but the cards have been better than ever, its been a fairly long time since ive watched a boring card

I agree. They haven't seemed to operate much differently yet.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

maffew buildings posted:

Maybe WME doesn't exactly know what all they're doing running a company that despite being treated like an entertainment property is still a sport. I dunno

more likely y ou and all the other armchair corporate finance experts don't know whats going on at all in terms of their plans and operations

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you gotta pay back debt so if you have a lot of it uhhh.... IPO, sports are not entertainment, retarded crap, etc etc

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bluedeanie posted:

If I had to pinpoint the biggest thing WME is doing that's obviously different from previous ownership, it's how they handle title matchups, but even that's a big maybe as most of the egregious ones can 90-100% be attributed to Conor McGregor.

how is it different?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bluedeanie posted:

They've done an increasing number of interim title fights in divisions where the champion was perfectly healthy and fighting, (although this happened time to time under Zuffa anyway, so it's not even hugely different.)

yeah there have been a lot of interim belts going around lately

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Pay-per-view : MMAPayout.com: The Business of MMA
http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

drat. are those accurate?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
05/27/2006 UFC 60 Hughes v. Gracie 620,000
06/22/2006 Strikeforce/EliteXC Shamrock v. Baroni 35,000
07/08/2006 UFC 61 Ortiz v. Shamrock 775,000

fuckin bullshit man

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

1. Dont do it until youre in your late 20s and have been sedentary up until that point
2. Take steroids because its hard
3. No one knows what happens at this part yet

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

thats cool

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

yeah. I've seen websites on the internet point toward UFC 206 Holloway vs Pettis as being a failure cause it only did 150k buys but they easily paid all of the purses that night with ticket sales. Even with a low buyrate, all those PPV sales are just profit.

They have a lot more costs than just fight purses

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That said I think they're very profitable

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

Susie van Orman wants to raise those taxes.

They can write the interest payments of their debt off their taxes which is probably one reason they chose that financing

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

I honestly remember a time when Bader seemed like he could possibly do the Jon Jones thing.

Then he started fighting.

you thought that? lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/827920151190179840

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

if you combined all the talents of chan sung jung and none of the talents of dominick cruz you'd end up with the perfect fighter!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
rogan, anik, and cormier are gonna commentate 208

• Locked thread