Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

n8r posted:

How do you come up with that number? Was he an investor? Why would an employee be given that large of an ownership share?

Lots of bad business theories itt lately.

supposedly he was given equity very early on before their value blew up, any number is just a guess at how much though. He wasn't just any random employee he was an executive that helped build the company in a huge way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'd believe he could have made upwards of 100 million from the sale. who knows? he's been around forever and was directly underneath dana/the fertittas.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
man set up his family forever by bitching about fights online, livin the dream

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hendricks seemed happier after winning last night than when he won the title

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
they probably asked him to speak on it, since GSP was a huge draw that had retired

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

You think 'our current champ whining about an old fight' was a marketing strategy? It sounded silly, but I can sort of see it. I still doubt it and based on what I've seen of Hendricks, I'm pretty sure whining is just an instinct for him.

dana whined about it a ton as well

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it hit him on top of the head as he threw his lovely winging 1-2 with his head bent forward so far he was staring straight at his own feet

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he was hurtin lewis with body shots it was a big mistake to trade in the pocket like that with a guy who punches like beast

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Remember when some guy here was talking about how Conor is dumb because he doesnt know how to file for a C-69 or whatever and revealed that he thinks of peoples intelligence in terms of whether or not theyre an accountant

lol yeah

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i thought it was conor is a dumbass because he didn't take into account the UFC's cost of capital or overhead costs or something when renegotiating his own contract based on his gates/ppv buys

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
who are they gonna match up black beast with next? is he gonna get a title shot if he wins? he's on a pretty big streak

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hunt seems like a bad matchup for lewis

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
browne's movement when he is hurt or getting brutally hosed up is really entertaining to me

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
someone said browne looks like a drunk uncle who's loving around with you pretending to know karate in the kitchen

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Remember when he beat Overeem 😂

Yeah lol it was honestly impressive after the beating he took

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Then overeem schooled and ko'd JDS. Heavyweight ftw

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

I think gsp is going to fight mcgregor

Supposedly part of his contract was picking his first opponent and maybe his second. If that's true it's definitely Conor

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

God drat. Wouldn't that be considered a kick though? Outside of the Chael-cast I know gently caress all about real wrestling.

They'd probably let it go as a trip but it looks like a kick for sure

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

Would what be considered a kick?

I think he means the dude who ends up on the bottom's kick/trip attempt as the other dude does a sick backflip takedown.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

he was another guy known for being inefficient with his energy. if he wanted to be hit by a vehicle and an unorthodox kick he could have just hung out in Albuquerque

*price is right losing horn*

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tumor looking batty posted:

Cruz actually won the fight against No Love since you learn more from failing and learning from your mistakes.

hes so smart

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
oh yeah lando is fighting too, cool card

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
so i guess the move for any event that doesn't have absolutely huge fights is to wait until it's close to the fight date to buy tickets?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

Usada formally apologizes to Cyborg for thinking she was on steroids, bans "Dirty" Dave Pentz for nine years for the use of (checking notes) those mints you got to pick up with the little spoon, unwrapped diner mints .

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

He's a terrorist

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Conor would have a chance against either guy but this fight is pretty clearly gonna decide who the current best LW is

For sure

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He fuckin clowned and destroyed JDS and that was the matchup lots of people said was the worst for alistair

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

He finished him but he didn't clown him. The first round had about two strikes total and then he KO'd him towards the end of the second

Fair enough

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Overeem should pull guard.

Yeah or takedowns from the clinch or something

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

Hunt is really strong and actually decent in the clinch. There are a lot of examples of guys trying to control him there and just being overpowered. It actually happened to full-steroid Overeem about a hundred years ago when he fought Hunt the first time--tried to clinch, got bitch-tossed to the side, then tapped Hunt with a kimura from bottom side control.

Shooting in on a single is really the way to go if you want to take Hunt down, and I don't think Overeem has a good enough shot unless he really sets it up with striking.

My guess is Overeem will try a strategy something like what he used on Big Country, who is another short HW with very heavy hands.

i think overeem is gonna try to get it to the ground where he has an enormous advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
tony ferguson is so sick, didn't even know he came up on the ultimate fighter

• Locked thread