Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dangersim posted:

He thought gsp must have had a spy because he was so good at defending the knee bar. This was after his last fight when condit had repeatedly tried the same thing.

Haha i forgot about the spy thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I wasnt aware Hendo had a reputation for late shots. Every time i can remember hes always stopped when the ref gets there if not before. Because of his style theres a lot of times where he has to swarm a guy he knocked down that isnt cleanly knocked out - Babalu, Feijao, Shogun II, Boetsch... Fedor he faceplanted and hit with some arguably unnecessary shots and people still complained it was an early stoppage. A couple times hes totally KOd someone, like Shields, and they came back to win because he didnt follow up enough. So its kinda hard to ask in that split second to decide to stop hitting a guy who may or may not actually be done. Theres also been times when the guy was clearly out and Hendo stopped before the ref even got there, like the Renzo fight

The only pretty bad one is probably the Bisping one, which has been discussed plenty over the years

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
But yeah Palhares is worse because theres been multiple times where his opponent is screaming and clearly tapping and/or the ref is literally trying to pull him off and he wont stop maiming him

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Someone appearing knocked out is not enough reason to stop fighting, you cant tell in the moment and often guys who seem like theyre totally slept like Shields (who faceplanted with his eyes rolled back) wake up and come back to win the fight if you dont follow up. Also the ref "rushing in" outside of your field of view isnt remotely the same as the ref having his hands on you trying to pry you off the other guy and you keep cranking the submission. Hendo has never hit a guy after the ref stopped him

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Its gonna be a good card, i wish i was in vegas for it

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Usada formally apologizes to Cyborg for thinking she was on steroids, bans "Dirty" Dave Pentz for nine years for the use of (checking notes) those mints you got to pick up with the little spoon, unwrapped diner mints .

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

God drat Khabib and Ferguson own

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Powerful but unlikeable black man finds big chinned white gay fantasy teen... like the rhino and the bird that sits in its mouth and eats the crumbs, or the turtle and the bird that sits on the turtles back so they look cuter, two creatures find a symbiotic relationship to the benefit of both.

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Apprentice Dick posted:

It ultimately doesn't matter who wins because Conor is never going to fight either of them.

Thats a pretty bad way of determining if a fight matters

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Conor would have a chance against either guy but this fight is pretty clearly gonna decide who the current best LW is

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

tony ferguson is so sick, didn't even know he came up on the ultimate fighter

I didnt watch it but apparently he was a stupid dick head on the show and lots of people didnt like him. I only started watching him after that and i like him so i will never watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol yeah here we go, the target of his rant was going through custody issues over his kid

https://streamable.com/t4uk

In Trump's America that's pretty much a straight up hand on heart apology.

Well thats nice.. i went from not knowing about it to forgiving him for it. I think he is a changed man

• Locked thread