Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The delivery on the last two lines were fantastic. You can tell that these guys are accustomed to spaceflight and the laws of physics and they literally can't comprehend what the gently caress just happened.

This show is great. One of my best friends is a set carpenter and spent an absolute ton of time working on the sets for S2. As a present to the crew, they got duffel bags with all the ship patches on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The protomatter built a mass effect drive on Eros

The protomatter is the Reapers, Shepard!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

With God's ship all things are possible.

Excuse me!

What does God need with a Starship?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

They never get lost in the technobabble which is very good, I'm curious to see what they'll say about Eros doing that little shuffle but at least it won't be Voyager-esque "the protomolecule created an inverse tachyon warp bubble we need to use the DEFLECTOR DISH to create an anti-proton beam to hey miller what are you doing with that nuclear bomb?"

Also I smiled a little bit at the bombs they were setting on Eros. 3.5kt fission charges, that's the kind of low-yield nuke I could see asteroid miners using to crack rocks open.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Miller :stare:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Eh, I can kind of understand Holden's reaction to the Protomolecule. He's the only person ever to see that poo poo up close and personal. Remember, he's the only survivor of Eros left.

In the books when he figures out what's on Ganymede he absolutely flips his poo poo and goes a little psycho because he's terrified. People do stupid poo poo when they're scared, and it adds a bit to Holden's normally unflappable character.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Rougey posted:

Drummer! :haw:

Airlonk :stonk:

Prax :ohdear:

Good Episode.

Amos :stare:

Alex :sad:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Just found out from my buddy working on the show, renewed for a 3rd (and 4th) season, they're shooting 2 seasons back-to-back starting May.

Sucks for his summer but lol overtime.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I don't think alex was drunk

I think that was some kind of energy drink and he's just REALLY bored/wired/sleep deprived. Plus, the droplets didn't look like beer, more like Space Jolt Cola or something.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

On the cans? Jeez you guys have some sharp eyes, I couldn't see that. I'm perfectly ok with him being drunk too, just couldn't tell.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

I watched the finale with Holden and Plant Guy in NYC. They're really cool guys in person! Absolutely killer finale, and I made Stephen promise me there's more Drummer coming in Season 3.

A facebook acquaintance did this with Sa'id, Diogo and Drummer

I told him to say that Drummer is a bad rear end and DIOGO CRUSH rear end TO DUST.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I really wish we had gotten the "without my suit I'm a good soldier, with my suit I'm a goddamn superhero" line.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm very interested to see how they're going to portray the Behemoth and the ring station if/when they get that far.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Dan and Ty seem happy to keep banging them out and SyFy likes their new tentpole...should get at least another two seasons!

Considering they're filming S3 and 4 at the same time, that's a guarantee.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm interested to see how they do the station changing the velocity of the slow zone after the martians come after Holden

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Madurai posted:

Though S:AaB is also a masterclass in "didn't think it through ahead of time, make it up as we go along." You kind of got the feeling that there was some frantic hand-waving going on in the writers' room.

SAaB gave us Chiggie Von Richthofen and Colonel McQueen and that's a good thing.

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 16, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Also, it is bookreader consensus that Miller's little rockhopper buddy (AquaKid) is going to be the first one through the ring, right? :getin:

But...he crush rear end to dust!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Things I am in suspense for;

1) Avasarala swearing
2) Bobbie doing her space marine thing
3) Amos being a goddamn sociopath because gently caress that's entertaining
4) Drummer
5) Diogo crushing rear end to dust
6) Eh I dunno Holden chewing some scenery? I guess. But mostly excited for the top 4.

• Locked thread