Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

tooterfish posted:

I still give the series a 9/10 for trying this poo poo when no one else would even bother. I fell in love with it when Miller poured his whiskey in the brothel in season 1, and the Coriolis effect caused it to spiral sideways into the glass. That's attention to detail.

Anyone have gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

tooterfish posted:

I don't know about a gif, but the wiki has a screenshot.

http://expanse.wikia.com/wiki/Coriolis_Effect

edit: although that's not the scene I was talking about, this is:

I have to imagine that as an alcoholic Earther I would have a really frustrating time if I went up into the belt.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

404notfound posted:

just drink from the bottle like a real alcoholic

After I spent all that money on an MCRN mug? No way.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Phi230 posted:

Such a shame they cut the awesome Bobbie vs. Monster battle way earlier. The MCRN had a mech!

Still hoping the full memory appears in a flashback. But it does look like a cut for budget thing.

This show is really, really good.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

In the books the protomolecule turns everyone into huge babies.

No, that's 2001: A Space Odyssey and I think it's just the one guy.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

NY is pretty different in the expanse. Both from sea level rise but also lots of street changes. It looks like they made their 3d model of NY mostly from scratch. I did a quick trace of the coastline.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I never would have noticed.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Punching up and punching down are nonsense concepts in zero g.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

And build a wall to keep out protomolecules.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Sammus posted:

This 100%. I was happy to see that they made it happen like they did, but it didn't work as well visually as it did in the book.

I really like Bobbie, but yeah, they're doing her role a tragic disservice. The final fight scene with her was a huge disappointment. It even looked goofy as gently caress when she threw the last guy to the ground, like they didn't get the effect quite right.

Yeah, reminds me of how Game of Thrones treated Ser Barristan. The entire foundation of this character is they are beyond belief incredible combat badasses. So why do they say that instead of showing it? Why are they here if not for those scenes? Why go to TV at all when your imagination shows it better in the books? Argh. Scenes of them advising politicians are not what I was most excited to see.

I know, I know. Budget. I still love this show and look forward to more Bobbie.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Alehkhs posted:

:goonsay:

New thread The TV IV subtitle, please.

I mean if you ignore context. My imagination generally sucks and I love getting movies and TV shows. But if it's two people standing in a room talking to each other yes my imagination is up to that challenge.

• Locked thread