Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
"Stolen Martian frigate"? More like lawfully salvaged Martian frigate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
edit: nvm I suck at reading

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I feel like speculation for book 1 and 2 events specifically to do with the show belongs here as much as it does anywhere else, since over in the book thread they're mostly just talking about the newest book (or at least they were as of a few weeks ago when I quit reading it). In regards to what happens next for Draper and Miller I'm certainly curious how things will be shot and portrayed. As long as things are properly tagged I don't see the harm.

However, for GOT and Walking Dead weren't there separate threads for book readers? If this stuff is that big a deal maybe somebody could start a spoiler thread.

^ Yeah, I thought that was Sam as well. Don't remember Naomi being so chummy with Drummer.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Milky Moor posted:

It'd be hard to catch up to the Nauvoo, wouldn't it? I think we can assume she accelerated the entire way to Eros, and is probably still accelerating as she missed.

So, good luck getting your ship back, Mormnos. She's going to a new sun. :unsmith:

If a semi truck is on a collision course with city hall, but then city hall side steps it, that doesn't mean the semi truck is lost forever. Just means it's going to maybe carry on through the town for a bit.

The Nauvoo was just going to crash into Eros to knock it into the Sun, instead it'll just go through the inner solar system I guess and then there's the entire other half of the solar system with various ships, planets, and rocks out there. I assume they also have some kind of remote control of the thing, so just upload new coordinates and rendezvous somewhere.

book stuff: Was the original plan to crash into Eros? I thought I remembered the plan being to do it more tugboat style and steer Eros into the sun with the Nauvoo's enormous drives.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Milky Moor posted:

Is this a serious post, my dude?

Well not that serious, my bro. Could have thought for more than 3 seconds and come up with a better metaphor I guess. Maybe a freight train and a school bus? I dunno.

Point was, there's no reason to think the Nauvoo is lost as you suggested, there's a whole lot of solar system left to travel through and no indication that the ship is out of control.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I don't want to be that guy, but should that maybe be in spoilers? I mean people are still giving a poo poo about that and commenting on it (maybe I'm misreading this but) making it sound like a production/direction oversight

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yo mamma got so much biomass the protomolecule ditched Eros!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Wxhode posted:

if the attackers had played it safe and just blown up the Donnager from a distance the Tachi would have been wasted, too.

Pretty sure the stealth ships would have been annihilated if they'd have remained at distance. It was only when they moved into qcb and torpedos were rendered inaffective that they really hosed up the Donnager. At least that's how I remember it going down. Not 100% sure why they needed a boarding party tho, unless that was the only way to force a self destruct.

I get that they weren't really prepared for the attack and were maybe a little cocky, but the stealth ships didn't seem to have any super advanced weaponry or tactics that should have resulted in a win. I mean the Roci took one out single-handed this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
So anybody who watches tomorrow night's episode is a member of ISIS? Got it.

• Locked thread