Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

NowonSA posted:

There are a few sensible candidates for who that could be, in terms of characters from the books. Or maybe she comes up directly in the first book and someone knows for sure. I expect we'll get her name dropped pretty soon, one way or another.

Actually seeing her next to the others makes her look quite a bit more imposing to me, she has a nice width and sense of physical power. Bobbie in the books is basically describe as having a nearly John Cena-level physique, just on a woman, so seeing that she'd absolutely tower over Naomi (for example) fits for me.

There was a rumour that they originally wanted Gwendolin Christie for the part.

The actress they have was a boxer, and pretty physically huge, I like that they did the arm wrestling scene to emphasise it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...m-a7585851.html

When your favourite TV show starts to leak into real life..

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Armilla posted:

Ready to enjoy the new episode like the irredeemable nerd that I am:

Where can I get me one of these?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Avasarala sassing people continues to be the highlight of this show.

Amos in general being a decent second.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

vermin posted:

Holden reminds me a lot of Seth Bullock from Deadwood. He's single-minded and boring but at the same time you don't know how far he's going to take "doing the right thing" to the point that he's a ticking time-bomb.

Now that he's given up hunting for white walkers I don't know what his motivation's going to be.

If only Holdens actor could manage a hundredth of the simmering cauldron of barely contained rage that was Seth Bullock. That speech in the last episode was a step in the right direction though.

Amose and Avarsala continue to be the best, Bobbie is actually growing on me as well.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Because that's a really regular thing you do when you picking up something awkward with your fingers? I guess it's a tall person thing?

Yeah, I'm a lanky gently caress and do this all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Baronjutter posted:

Even Andromeda?

Especially Andromeda

• Locked thread