Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Stunt Rock posted:

I can't believe anyone ever complained about Amos because he is great at being extremely unsettling.

I'm peeing right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

unlawfulsoup posted:

Since you guys seem nerdy enough for a quick question (or two). I just sort of caught up with the show, but one thing sort of puzzled me in an early episode. When they are fighting the stealth ships aboard the martian capital ship, they say CQB now we use the rail guns or something to that effect. One, why would anyone want to fight in close range and two why aren't railguns good at distance? There is no gravity and a railgun round theoretically should be traveling hideously fast without gravity to drag it back down. I am assuming with futuristic targeting computers they could make best guesses for long range.

They got close because they were trying to board the ship. At long range you can dodge railgun rounds? I guess it depends on how they're defining "close" in space terms.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

Pander posted:

watches hard science slip through fingers like sand

Noooooooo my Newtonian physics!

Humans with "realistic" ships encountering magic aliens is like the most common hard sf story going back to 2001.

• Locked thread