Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DentArthurDent
Aug 3, 2010

Diddums
That was a fantastic pair of episodes, what a great start to the season. The sci-fi geek in me still can't really believe we are getting a (relatively) hard sci-fi series that depicts space travel so realistically, and at the same time is such a great drama. Every scene with Avarsarala was amazing. I do agree that Frankie Adams seemed a little hammy in some of her scenes, but hopefully her performance will smooth out a bit as the show goes on. Certainly she has the look of the character down pat.

Milky Moor posted:

Those were some good goddamn episodes. The little disagreement between Miller and Amos in the galley was fantastic. Wes Chatham is a great Amos, couldn't be better.

When I was watching that scene, where you see Amos basically say to himself "Right, I told you to stay down, so now you die", all I could think is that he would make a great terminator. Not that we need another terminator movie...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DentArthurDent
Aug 3, 2010

Diddums
I'm sad to see that the AV Club seems to have dropped coverage of The Expanse for its second season (unless they are really late posting about it). Whoever reviewed the first season didn't really seem to get the series all that much, its a shame they could not find anyone else. It also did not even rate an honourable mention in their 2016 Best of TV lists.

It's ridiculous that they can't bother to cover what is arguably one of the best sci-fi series on TV right now, while continuing to cover crap like "Legends of Tomorrow". (Actually, I have never seen a single second of Legends of Tomorrow, it might be great, but how many superhero shows do we need?)

• Locked thread