Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ATP_Power posted:

Drummer in the books is described as having a completely unidentifiable accent, the fact that Cara Gee got it so well is great.

you need to get to hospital!

GRAB

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

HOBBLES OFF ANGRILY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Taintrunner posted:

I stopped watching BSG after the mutiny arc. It really felt, emotionally, the best place to stop. I really loved that show when it was dealing with the practical issues of life in a convoy stumbling across the stars fleeing from a neverending robot horse, the religious stuff really fell flat to me.

i would watch that show

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PriorMarcus posted:

Much like many other things in the show if you haven't read the books this information isn't portrayed well at all.

what else would you say is badly conveyed?

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 29, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grand Fromage posted:

Could watch her execute mutineers all day.

we need to get you to a doct--

SNARL GRAB HOBBLEHOBBLE BLAM. BLAMBLAMBLAM. ANGRY HOBBLE.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Strategic Tea posted:

lol ok from the class war rage against little sandwiches on trays I guessed they might at least have been extravagantly expensive.

a giant tray of cucumber sandwiches is like five bucks.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Digital titties?

Also Saros is essentially running an Expanse game in the LP forum, War of the Worlds. It's epic af.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Just watched the first couple of Altered Carbon, and that's some good gritty hypernoir cyberpunk if you're looking for such. Thread over here.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, the idea is explained more in the books and on the website for the show, I believe.

Essentially, you take a bunch of leftover parts, enough to keep you safe for a few days/weeks, then strap a rocket to it and make one, big burn. You have to get the trajectory just right to slingshot past the different planets/moons, usually trying to beat a fastest time to a place where you would be picked up by a rescue ship or be in a shipping lane. Since everyone is trying to be the fastest, some gently caress up the math or cut too close and burn up in one of the gas giant's atmosphere.

I'm down for pretty much anything with James Purefoy, thanks! :thumbsup:

He's great, as is his donggg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Invalid Validation posted:

Is Thomas Jane back this season cause I need me some Joe the rear end Crusher Miller back into this show?

He dead, mang.

• Locked thread