Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I marathoned the first season a couple weeks ago and enjoyed the show quite a bit. Kinda bummed I can't watch it live due to my work schedule.

I like the Martian's, even if some of their patrol ship grunts are huge assholes. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I noticed that AV Club picked this show back up and reviewed the last episode. I wonder if it's because it's amazing, or their readers dogged the poo poo out of them for ditching it after season 1.

I even got my 60 year old father watching this show and he's not even into science fiction.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I don't live or die by their reviews, but I don't find the site offensive or anything. :confused:

Just nice to see the show get more (well deserved) recognition.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

yay go giant syringe!

e: Miller's a goddamn space ballerina. So graceful. *thud*

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 16, 2017

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Tape the button down, geez.

E: I figured something was going to go wrong at the very end, but I can't help but few ripped off that I didn't get to see the giant God needle skewer that rock.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 16, 2017

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I didn't even notice the engines of the Nauvoo causing the scaffolding to glow bright red and break apart when I watched this last night. What a nice little detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I haven't read any of the books and this thread hasn't spoiled the show for me one bit. So thank you all for your discretion.

I really like the protomolecule as an "antagonist", especially after the latest episode. It's more like a scared child now that it seems to be channeling Julie's emotions. It's a nice change of pace compared to other space shows/movies where the alien lifeform is just a group of assholes obsessed with conquest or vengeance. I thought the structures it was creating inside Eros were neat too, like giant neurons and Miller was walking in a huge brain.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 24, 2017

• Locked thread