Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

AlternateAccount posted:

Yep, I think it's been mentioned at that figure a few times.

Then you might consider fixing the typo in the OP. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Worth noting that Frankie Adams is a boxer, for those complaining about her physicality.

She's way hotter than I pictured Draper, I will admit.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rocksicles posted:

You don't know how ship to ship combat works. If you can't see them, you can't shoot them

Yeah, they were also using the station itself as cover. The stealth ship was supposed to defend the station, it couldn't exactly defend it by shredding it in order to get to the Rocinante.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rocksicles posted:

Got your back.

Emsa 180ml City cup https://www.emsa.com/en/products/mobile-enjoyment/thermo-mugs/city-cup/

I think it's the red one thats aged and badged.

Would pay real money for a Rocinante coffee cup. Also, nice catch.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

I love this effect, but the particles should appear to counter-rotate opposite the ship's spin :sperg:

Wait, holy poo poo, when Alex yanks back on the stick they do. Must not have been rotating before. LOVE IT

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Eiba posted:

Not spin, that's regular acceleration. It all falls when he guns the engine because there's no difference between gravity and accelerating. (Unless you mean something else.)

It's all really cool!

You're right, it wasn't spin. I was confused, because the exterior shot had showed the Roci rotating and maneuvering pretty heavily, so I didn't realize they weren't under any kind of thrust or rotational momentum relative to the other ship (either main thrust or the acceleration caused by maneuvering thrusters) at the time of impact. It makes sense though, they were doing a firing pass. And then, yes, right at the end they apply forward thrust and the particles "fall" to the floor.

gently caress the cheap airlock scene, that's some quality SF right there :allears:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I dunno if you noticed, but it's not just the pilot - everybody gets combat drugs to help cope with the effects of high acceleration on the body.

I mean, they live in space. It's not exactly an all-organic farm-to-table diet up there, you know? You have to do all sorts of crazy poo poo to the body just to live. If you think people aren't also popping bone density medication, well, they are; it's in the books. And Holden gets to take anticancer drugs for the rest of his life after he got cooked on Eros.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
They have said they approach the show as basically being the "second pass" at the novels, and that it is more the way they want the series to be, I think. They're just committed to different choices in the books at this point.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
This is why I love it when creators get to work on their own adaptations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Milky Moor posted:

Bobbie going nuts on cucumber sandwiches is the best thing because it demonstrates how horrible Martian food must be.

Fresh vegetables are premium items. Ones that are mostly water especially so.

• Locked thread