Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulbo
Nov 4, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Can someone remind me how the proto molecule got on board to where Amos is messing with it at the start ?

It was in the safe of the derelict stealth ship they boarded (and blew up) in S1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulbo
Nov 4, 2012

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I can't imagine that an anime was the origin of it, but I remember hearing some commentary from one of the creators of the Gundam franchise about writing anti-war war stories. Basically boiled down to this weird paradox that war makes for very exciting dramatic stories and, when you make a cool war show, you're constantly running the risk of the audience not getting it. Because we will never be lacking for hawkish lunatics that want to kill to validate themselves. So I really enjoy how much effort has been put into The Expanse's brinksmanship being semi-rational to the people in the universe, but utterly pointless to the audience.

The most common attribution for that quote is François Truffaut, but then again he didn't live long enough to watch Come and see.

• Locked thread