Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

I like book Amos better than show Amos, but he's 100% supposed to come off as a sociopath either way because he, uh, is. He gets more character development later on, and he's definitely competing for second place in my character rankings (number one being an absolutely uncontested Avasarala, ofc).

I like them both and agree book version is better but only because there's been more characterization over all the books. But in defense of the show version, Wes Chatham was a brilliant casting choice. He was a huge fan of the books before the show was a thing and he totally gets what Amos is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

He asked that one lady if the procedure was reversible, implying he had it done to him.

Nah, he actually seemed surprised it was an actual procedure and that people would have it done.

Amos is definitely a product of nature/nurture. That’s why he latches on to someone he considers worthy as his moral compass. It was Naomi until she let him down, and he was eventually drawn into the the orbit of planet Holden.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

tooterfish posted:

It's not just a gunship, it's designed to operate independently for extended periods.

That's why it has its own workshop, armoury, and medical facilities.

Think a Navy Spec Ops submarine. Tiny, hard to find, nimble, and having far more punch than you think it would. With a bunch of the hardest SOBs in the solar system who have cabin-fever and literally want nothing more than to be let loose to gently caress all the things up.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zurui posted:

Does this show up on Hulu/Amazon day-after?

In the US:

No Hulu at all except with the Hulu Live TV package.
No Amazon Prime until a while after season end.

If you want next day for episodes you can watch via SyFy webpage or app (I think they keep current week + previous four weeks at any one time), but you do need to have cable/streaming service with the SyFy channel to access.

You can also purchase the season through iTunes, Amazon Video, or Google Video and get next day access (and no bleeps of swears)

• Locked thread