Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
What a fantastic premiere. I dunno what the ratings will be like, but SyFy has done a genuinely fantastic job creating sci-fi again. I hope they keep it up.

I've never read the books so I dunno what happens on the whole, but I liked Bobbie. It was really just an intro to her, but I get the feeling she'll be a one-woman pain machine by the end of the season. Her actress just gives off that vibe, and it worked really well for being a new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Nihonniboku posted:

Bobbie and Avasaralah actually aren't even introduced until the 2nd book. We're still only about 3/4 of the first book in the show. The interesting thing though is that they're not moving up their storylines. They're just showing what they were up to prior to their first introductions in the book.

Goddamn, this just shows how smartly SyFy has been playing this then. Shohreh Aghdashloo is, hands down, one of the best parts of the show and I couldn't have imagined Season 1 without her if they tried to hold off like the books.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Jesus Christ what a beautiful episode :stare:

• Locked thread