Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hi TVIV this made me laugh and I hope the low budget fun continues:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

When Fred Johnson put his tablet thing down and it turned clear and you could see it was scratched and gouged from wear I began to question whether this is the famous attention to detail the show is known for or am I going insane imagining things? I'm probably nuts.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dessel posted:

I'm glad I rechecked the space squash scene.

They were playing without rackets :stonk:

That's called handball you dingdong.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Eiba posted:

Introducing Avasarala early was fantastic and she's been constantly wonderful to have around.

Introducing Bobbie early... hasn't paid off quite so well. Honestly my favorite part of her story in the show so far is her CO. He seems reasonable. Like a reasonable adult in a room full of children, you can kind of sympathize with him.

I don't think they're getting Bobbie wrong, exactly, but this isn't a particularly interesting part of her story. I appreciate the jingoistic Martian perspective as giving us a window into how that culture views things... but there's only so far that angry shouting can go. It would help if they were ever not angry. Her team even seems constantly angry with each other, and I don't think I've heard them say anything that wasn't in a shout.

That's basically my only issue with this season so far. I love how good the last episode was, even though it was basically all just people wandering around and talking on Tycho.

Isn't he from the book? I remember a Belter kid Miller was hanging with during and after Thoth station. Was that not this guy?

Wherever he's from, I agree that he's been pretty good, all things considered. A good window into the belt and a good youthful enthusiastic naive contrast to Miller's old weary pragmatism.

Part of the problem ok entirely the problem is the actor playing Bobbie is loving terrible at her job.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Svaha posted:

People were saying Wes Chatham as Amos was terrible in season 1 (before they got dogpiled by book-readers.)

Everything she's done so far was probably filmed in 1-2 days of shooting. I say give her a chance to settle into the role before declaring her loving terrible.

Fair enough. Perhaps I have a bias because she seems miscast for a rough and tumble space marine. Another thought is maybe I'm dumb.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

HOLY FUCKBALLS

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

AMOS: How many times do I have to telegraph my horrible past to the audience/!?!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Whoever told me I'd end up liking Bobbie was right. :3:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You guys I'm loving furious about the Mei situation!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Venus probe sequence was a nice nod to the Russians IRL.

edit: IMO

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ego-bot posted:

I was trying to think of where I heard it before and now it just came to me. John Locke has almost the same speech on Lost.

bingo

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

idgi :shrug:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

emoji posted:

Friend on FB: "If a cigarette could talk it would sound like Crisjen Avasarala"

You should hear her album of Tom Waits covers.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

PriorMarcus posted:

In the books, rather than standing around being judgemental, Naomi unlocks the door from our end. When it's unlocked is when they throw the grenade through.

Yea funny that tv writers would turn a strong woman into a stereotypical bitch-on-screen. :(

#NotAllSkylars

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

etalian posted:

worst pizza party ever...

You'd think after that laugh line about have some pizza it reduced the dramatic tension so they'd have some snappy back and forth but instead we get the walls painted in space marine bolognese. lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cojawfee posted:

Did they not have enough of the suits or something? Surely they could have grabbed some non speaking extras. The dialog makes it seem like there were more people. "We formed a line" doesn't sound all that impressive when it's just 4 people standing 10 feet away from each other.

Lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So they are really going ham on this Naomi sucks thing except magically she is right.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Grand Fromage posted:

the actor is so good at Amosing.

It is ABSURD how good he is. ABSURD! Where the gently caress did this guy come from?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Combat Pretzel posted:

Y'all are bad at faces. Wes Chatham and Aaron Douglas look pretty different.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kazinsal posted:

I got an Aaron Douglas vibe from Wes Chatham when I first started watching The Expanse to be honest. Not like the "wait, hold on, Alexander Siddig is in this?" that I first had when seeing James Callis in Galactica, but still. Kinda similar looking.

I miss Baltar. :(

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I like to think that they've been through enough to know that if they riot they all die no matter what. So options are hope you're lucky and live, get stuck and pray for something else to come along, or riot and maybe get killed by someone else or die on the ship.

it was more the about face from savages to noble savages.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shohreh Aghdashloo is having so much fun. She gets the best dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

hey what part in the on-going series "Naomi is the worst" are we on now?

• Locked thread