Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

ZorajitZorajit posted:

We're never getting away from this argument are we...

Aside, is Bobby a genocidal wacko, is that common among Martians, or was her "Who's going to stomp their mountains into dust" just a psych-up speech? I get and appreciate that the inanity of war between Earth and Mars is the point, but the "Kill all Earthicans" poo poo makes a certain impression of Martians other than the Roci's pilot.

Have you ever met a marine in real life? Seems pretty accurate to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Snuffman posted:

The show calls the Martian Navy the Martian Royal Congressional Navy...

I don't think the "royal" title is mentioned in the books, so maybe in the show there's a King (or Queen!) of Mars?

Martian Congressional Republic Navy. MCRN.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Snuffman posted:

Book 2/Season 2 question (and possible new character spoiler)...

I'm not done book 2 (I'm about half way?) but I really like Prax. Seems like in the show we're headed to Ganymede, has Prax been cut?

EDIT: Reddit answered my question. yes!.

Reading the books along with the show, I must say the show is the superior experience. The books tend to meander now and again, and the show does a much better job of giving the characters...character.

Pretty sure he was in one of the trailers for this season asking if their plans were always this vague or whatever. Who says he's cut?

Edit: Matter of fact he's in this one twice and trailer number 3 once on the ground in what looks like Ganymede during the starvation

https://youtu.be/x3v9gUNAZGg

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 9, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Terry Chen is sooo not how I pictured Prax, wow.

Me either but I'm okay with it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

fyodor posted:

When Fred Johnson put his tablet thing down and it turned clear and you could see it was scratched and gouged from wear I began to question whether this is the famous attention to detail the show is known for or am I going insane imagining things? I'm probably nuts.

Nah man I noticed it too, but it's been like that since the beginning. Stuff like Miller's handheld having that crack down it because he's too cheap to replace it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I think it's supposed to finish up book 1 in the 5th episode. But that's just internet guesses and rumors.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Eiba posted:

Introducing Avasarala early was fantastic and she's been constantly wonderful to have around.

Introducing Bobbie early... hasn't paid off quite so well. Honestly my favorite part of her story in the show so far is her CO. He seems reasonable. Like a reasonable adult in a room full of children, you can kind of sympathize with him.

I don't think they're getting Bobbie wrong, exactly, but this isn't a particularly interesting part of her story. I appreciate the jingoistic Martian perspective as giving us a window into how that culture views things... but there's only so far that angry shouting can go. It would help if they were ever not angry. Her team even seems constantly angry with each other, and I don't think I've heard them say anything that wasn't in a shout.

That's basically my only issue with this season so far. I love how good the last episode was, even though it was basically all just people wandering around and talking on Tycho.

Isn't he from the book? I remember a Belter kid Miller was hanging with during and after Thoth station. Was that not this guy?

Wherever he's from, I agree that he's been pretty good, all things considered. A good window into the belt and a good youthful enthusiastic naive contrast to Miller's old weary pragmatism.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're doing the jingoism with Bobby on purpose for certain reasons that should be evident later.

And yes, Diogo was in the books. Totally forgot about the obnoxious belter kid who follows Miller around until I looked it up again today.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

Also chad coleman has a recurring role on Always Sunny playing a very very different character. I never put two and two together.

:aaaaa:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Edit: fine.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 11, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

money worship posted:

Yo momma so fat that if they had used her instead of Nauvoo to knock Eros out of it's orbit the several pages of physics discussion would have been like "Oh yeah, that checks out"

These last two pages are the best. Like tonight's episode.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Toast Museum posted:

TV Guide says there's a new one tomorrow.

Yeah, not sure where people are getting this two week break from. Next ep is March 1st, which is tomorrow.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Fair enough. Yeah, don't despair, we get another helping of awesome tomorrow night!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Platystemon posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/PotablePartialAmazonparrot.mp4

This is the complete sequence. I didn’t speed it up a single percent or cut a single frame.

https://giant.gfycat.com/HonoredSparklingAlleycat.mp4

:stonk: :pervert:

If you look, the dude behind the captain gets schwacked as well.

E:fb :argh: that's what I get not refreshing

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I'm scared that Amos is gonna get his brain microwaved, and pretty sure he's off wherever Cortazar is. That's the opposite of what you want, buddy!

He's probably following them on board or something. Or he's handing out extra supplies illegally. Either way Amos gonna Amos.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

None of the suits are fitted for them though. Like, that's probably a serious issue for power armor.

Also Diogo you piece of poo poo

Alex wears one every time they suit up now, though.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Varam posted:

He left Julie to die as soon as she was no longer useful to him, then tried to murder Miller because the truth about the Scopuli would have been personally damaging to him. His responsibility is to himself and his concept of community extends only to whoever useful to him. He's not a good guy.

Yeah, and he only "invests his bribes and money into the community" because it gives him good publicity.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

jfood posted:

Julie Mao and Jules Mao are different people, you can tell by the different names.

Hope this helps with your posting going forward.

You got some busted rear end opinions homes but thanks for vomiting them all over this thread

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Was not expecting that at all. Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah the Frank/Holden split really felt like it was missing a scene right beforehand. I asked my buddy watching with me "did I miss a scene? Why is Fred so angry?" and his response was "no loving idea dude".

That and holden planning to merc Cortazar was weird as gently caress.

• Locked thread