Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

404notfound posted:

Reminds me of when I noticed that the mug on the Mass Effect 3 loading screen is an Ikea FARGRIK mug

To be fair, Bioware stole art assets in that game from everywhere, not to mention story elements and even music beats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://giant.gfycat.com/MiserlyNarrowBronco.mp4
https://giant.gfycat.com/AliveExhaustedHarvestmen.mp4

I love the show but they were using the wrong music for the whole sequence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cutty is going to be loving pissed that his big Mormon bullet couldn't impact a regular asteroid orbit . Predicting they shoot him in the leg. At least they can recover the ship or take another attempt at diverting Eros. Like close at slow speed, press and steer it with superior thrust.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 19, 2017

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Meh, any good engineer would have put a timed limit to the burn, and or put a dead mans switch to cut it off with. Waverunners from our time have a dead man's switch. Still a good origin story though.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

bitprophet posted:

To be fair, wasn't Epstein Martian?

Neckbeardian-Martian, now extinct

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Phi230 posted:

Nah Earth is an overpopulated, post-climate change slum with a few nice areas left.

Baltimore is described as being like the undercity of a cyberpunk dystopia

The series is very on the nose about the ultimate conclusion to progressive liberalism.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dreylad posted:

Haven't read the books but I feel this episode covered the whole martians in 1g thing pretty well that people were worried about. Also fleshing out how Holden's altruism isn't necessarily a good or helpful thing which is probably going to further Prax's skepticism.

Chuckles will hold up until he gets aced in the chest.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

I couldn't think of any reason that poo poo needed to roll like that.

I think because there is no rotating gravity and the crew is using mag boots.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

The OPA to me is like the IRA, it's filled with multiple factions, some more violent than others.

And everyone talks like they're in a Die Antwoord video.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's more that other people said Basic in the books is presented as being a lot better. Which would make more sense and allow Basic to actually work.

It works until you have to live within it and subject to the system. I know a lot of wonks here are fascinated with the mechanics of how the Basic system works in The Expanse, but I believe its more of a cautionary narrative, like a lot of tropes in Sci-Fi that depict the impact of technology that advance without constraint. It's literally the conclusion of the progressive agenda, and contrasts sharply with the optimism of the Star Trek depiction because it factors human nature into the quotient. The result and impact on the population is not supposed to be a good thing.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

uber_stoat posted:

looks like we'll finally get to see Mr. Blue Protoman in the next ep. good thing cuz I am getting Blue Protoballs over here.

I wonder if he has a huge blue penis.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think what hosed everything over is that S1 should have had more episodes and ended with Miller and Mao on Eros plunging into Venus. Everything about that episode was high-budget, intense and quite emotional at points. It was so weird having that in the first half of S2, whereas picking up from the end of the Miller arc and rolling would have probably got us to a better point in the books to do a S2 cut. I wonder how much Sci-Fi had to do with the pacing of that.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Invalid Validation posted:

My wife thinks it's hilarious that they try to make the lady who plays Avasarala Indian when she doesn't look or sound even vaguely Indian.

jesus dude, she is a very refined lady of the upper class.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
From the show-watcher's only perspective, who the gently caress is Caliban and why should I care about his war. I know they titled a book from the series, but why name a episode that if it's not explained?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Miller would fit into the B5 universe like a glove. Really, anyone from the Expanse ensemble cast would.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Its just easier to say than antisocial personality disorder, which Amos definitely has

I have a similar condition and can relate. You don't walk around acting like Tony Soprano all the time to be sure, even capable of empathy. When the feels switch off and you disconnect from emotions, watch out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

uber_stoat posted:

he didn't have his brain modified like scientist man, he turned out the way he is because he had to be that kind of person to survive.

edit:

https://twitter.com/SAghdashloo/status/963874606476963840

This picture of her bears a uncanny resemblance to Masie Williams, IMO.

• Locked thread