Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That didn't really feel like a season finale. It wasn't big enough. Bobbie has her super suit and can take over that ship. Julie turned that ship into an exploded diagram. Fred Johnson gets the protomolecule. Those are all somewhat decent cliffhangers, for an episode, not a season. The only "Where will they go next?" vibe I'm getting is from the thing on Venus. But that's only because I don't really know what it's doing in the first place.

Does Adam Savage die in the books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If Bobbie scarfing down sandwiches didn't win people over, then I'm not sure what will.

She could throw me into a locker or something, to make it look believable.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

bitprophet posted:

The part where it scratched at, then ripped out & threw away, its failsafe bomb, probably counts :D The manner in which it did so seemed relatively human-ish and not very protomolecule-y, but obviously only the writers know for sure what was intended.

I don't think the writers of any show know what was intended for anything. Good TV seems to be an accident most of the time. Best of Both Worlds was written because the writer was leaving Star Trek after that season so he wrote a big cliffhanger as a gently caress you to whoever had to fix it the next season.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

double nine posted:

what the hell is wrong with the forbes website? I get tapped on the wrist for using an adblock, so I disable it, but their software doesn't detect that I whitelisted their site? gently caress it, I'm google-caching this article. Enjoy no revenue.

Isn't Forbes the site that bitched at people for using adblock and then immediately served malware ads when people disabled it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

nimby posted:

Is it worth it to find the books, or is the series as good as or better, story-wise?

I've heard that the show is pretty much a second pass say the books, fixing things there author ended up not liking after he published them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

Is cucumber some hyper rare luxury item in the states? :psyduck:

I mean on mars sure.

It's just something bland and tasteless that rich people are going to make because they are bland white people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So are they just going to sit on season 4 for a year?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm watching Season 2 right now. It doesn't seem like Amos received this treatment. I think it's Alex that mentions that Amos became a sociopath because of his childhood.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

They really don't seem to like anyone international to build excitement. Any Syfy stuff regarding the Expanse comes with geoblocking. All other Syfy poo poo for some reason not. Like what the gently caress. --edit: Oh wait, nevermind, the whole channel is geoblocked.

They sell the rights internationally and that probably also applies to promotional content.

Edit: Looks like Legendary Entertainment owns the international distribution rights.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I miss when Syfy streamed the first half of season 1 for free.

• Locked thread