Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Maybe it was a corporation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

joat mon posted:

Maybe it was a corporation?

Corporations are people too my friend

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Yeah sounds like a commercial lease, based on it being a five year term.

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018
I clicked around on the website for the "journal's" other articles, it seems like the writer has a weird tick of using "it" in the place of "he/she/they" no matter what. Still extremely weird.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/iAmTheWarax/status/1527442631407591426

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

This motherfucker.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thats an actual episode lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just passed out from generational PTSD from that comic

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

That's the first bit of Russian propaganda that has made this American want to stand up and salute.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I have no idea how to get a Cyrillic alphabet to Google what that translates to.. anyone wanna help?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I have no idea how to get a Cyrillic alphabet to Google what that translates to.. anyone wanna help?

"Russia is really great. As proof, just take a look at this mural of the mightiest navy in the world. and also a Russian warship"

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 31, 2022

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Basically, "Happy Navy Day"

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 31, 2022

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
:sigh:

Which of you two is less full of poo poo?

Not that I don’t appreciate free translation, I’m just assuming one of you is yanking my chain.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can't ID any of those but are any of them the Moskva that sank a few months ago?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Not that I don’t appreciate free translation, I’m just assuming one of you is yanking my chain.

I am not full of poo poo, I just took a massive dump.

:v:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I can't ID any of those but are any of them the Moskva that sank a few months ago?

The one on the left is Russian, but definitely not a Slava-class. It doesn't have the racks and racks of exposed launch tubes. The other two are a Nimitz (I think) and a Spruance (I'm sure of).

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 31, 2022

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A.o.D. posted:

The one on the left is Russian, but definitely not a Slava-class. It doesn't have the racks and racks of exposed launch tubes. The other two are a Nimitz (I think) and a Spruance (I'm sure of).

That is definitely not a Spruance.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

That is definitely not a Spruance.

Looks like one to me. What is it?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

No chain yanking necessary.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

It's literally "Happy day of the naval war fleet".

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

The one on the right is a Tarantul-class missile corvette.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Madurai posted:

The one on the right is a Tarantul-class missile corvette.

Holy poo poo how did I not see that huge loving dome

It's literally the same photo, too.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
The carrier appears to be the George HW Bush specifically.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The carrier appears to be the George HW Bush specifically.

yep https://twitter.com/AlexKokcharov/status/1553987082875535360

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

TBF, the US loves putting Russian jets and warships on pro-military propaganda as well, little give, little take.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Elviscat posted:

TBF, the US loves putting Russian jets and warships on pro-military propaganda as well, little give, little tankie.

FTFY

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Elviscat posted:

TBF, the US loves putting Russian jets and warships on pro-military propaganda as well, little give, little take.

The ones from the mid-Cold War have all those spiky bits and are very photogenic, after all.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Remember when Trump tweeted out a photo of what were "supposed to be" US soldiers but ended up being SS reenactors? Good times.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Madurai posted:

The ones from the mid-Cold War have all those spiky bits and are very photogenic, after all.

Yeah, the Flanker is a beautiful jet, I can't really blame them for putting it everywhere.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Remember when Trump tweeted out a photo of what were "supposed to be" US soldiers but ended up being SS reenactors? Good times.

In some ways it was a mistake for me to spend his presidency ignoring him as much as possible, but it's moments like this that make me think I may have made the better choice for my mental health.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

A.o.D. posted:

In some ways it was a mistake for me to spend his presidency ignoring him as much as possible, but it's moments like this that make me think I may have made the better choice for my mental health.

Yup. I got really wrapped up with all of the stupid poo poo that the previous administration did and it was not good for my sanity. Going back to caring very little about political scandal has done wonders for my happiness.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Yup. I got really wrapped up with all of the stupid poo poo that the previous administration did and it was not good for my sanity. Going back to caring very little about political scandal has done wonders for my happiness.

:same:

I’m only vaguely aware of what’s going on politically. Plus I don’t feel a need to drink or get high if I’m not doomscrolling all night and getting like 4 hours of sleep max.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/&#1...31090;&%231072;

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
This thread needs more traffic.

https://twitter.com/carolrosenberg/status/1558820527300640768

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I want that loving mug. It is the perfect synthesis of my edgelord aesthetic, milsthetic, and himbo spouse aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010