Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Change thread title to gip gamerz thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Calm down, Andy Dufresne.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cigarettes produce mostly CO.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You find some goddamn chesterfield king nonfilters, you better point me in the direction of a carton that isn't a decade old and dry as a eucharist cracker. Until then, I'll stick to my pall mall nonfilter, tyvm.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ehhh, gotta die of something, and I don't want to be around for the dementia days my family seeps into with age.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If When I catch a cancer diagnosis, I'm just going to max credit cards out finishing poo poo I want to get done before punching out. Not gonna gently caress around trying to get another six months.

Don't want kids anyhow, sterility is just a bonus.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't plan to see 70, that's my walk off into the woods finish line, assuming I'm still mentally sound.

Probably be some poo poo like a stroke that gets me.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My family history is a mixed bag of aneurysms, cancers, both Wilford Brimleys, and random outliers. Had a great uncle of some variety, two pack a day smoker, died in his recliner around 87. And there was an uncle on the other side of the tree that went at like, 45, from a heart attack. Managed to park his cherry 87 monte carlo at a gas station before croaking in the driver seat.

The smokers do eventually develop emphysema, I expect it to roll in around 60, seems the common age.

In 2045 I'd be 63.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Godholio posted:

Yeah, COPD and throat cancer are much more pleasant.

Edit: "I'll probably die at the same age my dad and grandpa did" is what made Mickey Mantle's late life so bad. Dude didn't expect to make it out of his 30s so he loving LIVED like it. Until one day he realized he beat them both by 20 years and things were starting to feel iffy.

I expect COPD on my journey to emphysema. Probably already have it, between 20+ years of cigarettes and 12+ years of weed.

I actually just talked with my uncle the other night about life expectancy and the like. People in my family go downhill fast after 70. He gets to watch all his fellow farmers suffer the misery and misfortunes that come with age, with a closer view of the finish line than me. He's not freeballing it without kids like me though, but his are out of college and married. And while he doesn't get my logic, dude still understands I'm gonna be my own brand of crazy.

What's the old line, live hard and leave an ugly corpse?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
She makes him drive it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ that. gently caress mosquitoes and ticks. Only good thing they do is feed spiders.

EBB posted:

Save pollinators. Did you know that moths do a lot of pollinating? They're also an important part of the food chain.

Gonna leave a piece of cloth out for my moth homies to munch on while passing through the neighborhood.

Kinda want to get a planter and grow some milkweed on my porch.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wanna watch that shoulder dislocate.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Say what you will about the man, but that's a nice gun.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Shooting isn't posing, that's an action shot.

But I don't give a gently caress either.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
She kinda looks like Alien there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Goddammit, I have those Oakley's. I just bought my first pair because their HQ is 15 mins from my house and they have 40% gov discount.

Welp, time to go buy a navy veteran hat and a patriot doesn't kneel t-shirt I guess.

Dude. Wiley X makes great glasses that don't retail for $180+ for plastic. I'm partial to my Romer 3s, had them about 6-7 years now. Replacement lenses are $25.

And they're not owned by Luxottica. Probably the most important/best part. Otherwise replacement lenses would be $100 and the glasses would be $200+ because Luxottica is a sack of cunts.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
poo poo I had a small pile of sunglasses when I came back from deployment. And somehow found even more (2 pairs a roommate left after ETSing) before collecting my discharge. Had cases and straps and replacement lenses falling out of my rear end.

My company supply guy snagged a couple pairs of Romer 2s at the class 9 lot one day and spread the love. That pair lasted me 7 years. The rest of the pile has been lost to time, handed out to friends, etc. They were great for riding motorcycles with the helmet visor up, didn't fog if you treated them, pretty decent. Made good safety glasses too, the Romer 3 lenses are Z87-2+ rated.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I worked in the kitchen of a Hooters about five years ago. We rotated bathroom detail. Womens room was always the loving worst.

Always.

This was not the case at the dive bar I worked at for too long. The mens room was always trashed. It was a biker dive, some legitimately batshit insane ones at that. There were plenty of weekend warriors and once a month garage queens, but everyone gets lovely at some point. And it was largely a sausage fest in that joint.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 14, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What a nice message on that mouse-earred hatted mans' jacket to be sharing at loving Disneyland.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Reefer cigarettes!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't think it's trying to convey a message, just proving that enlisted folk like shiny things.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stolen from the ww3 thread

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Holy poo poo lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

stealie72 posted:

Let's not forget the AI saga of Dave, the meth-addled VW addict (not sure which is a worse addiction) who got a bunch of support from Goons to get his life back together, only to fall back into poo poo after trying to gently caress the wife of the guy that was helping him out.

14 inch dick turbo?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The Hawaii land guy was another good thread. Suckering people into living in an island jungle patch with wild hogs and poo poo everywhere. That thread was awesomely terrible.

Also p-p-powerbook was my first forum superthread. Such a great story, all the goons involved, loving classic.

Smiling Jack posted:

I can't find it but the goon road trip thread which ended with the OP being arrested for AWOL or desertion or whatever was unexpected. He had "gozar the Traveller" spray painted on the car and that's why he got pulled over? I think?

Goons' name was iSuck. Had a compass for an avatar. He bailed on the marines right before a deployment, hitchhiked down the California coast partying and loving around, got that car, painted all sorts of dumb poo poo on it and drove into Texas, because that must have seemed like a great idea at the time. Cops see his mess of a car, pull him over, find out he's AWOL and haul him into a cell until MPs took him away.

I remember a little more, but to be honest, I'd probably be mixing his story with another I've read around here about time in the brig.

I don't think I've seen that thread in a decade, so either my memory is loving impeccable or my mind is good at convincing me that it is.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hey so, I know the Joe Rogan dislike is real here. We all understand that he enables people that shouldn't be given an audience. I think a lot of us agree that when he talks comedy or goes without a titillating guest, he's not an awful person, just kind of a generic moron with the ability to kick with the power of a camel.

Anyhow, this is Joe staring through the looking glass, especially at the end, last two and a half minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdi8KWeUrlY

You can practically see his brain breaking at the end.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

gently caress that idiot fascist enabler

You'll get no disagreement from me, it's just great watching his brain break at the end. Like he was developing a conscious, but then it was probably commercial for MeUndies time and the thought of the paycheck washed that guilty feeling away.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's pretty much the gist of my Rogan consumption. I don't really care about MMA, so swap that out for when he has comedians on. That video auto-started while I was taking a poo poo. Xbox controller being out of reach, I just let it run.

The Stephen Tyler interview was interesting because Stephen Tyler is insane. Same for Tom Delonge. I like the appeal of a pothead just listening to people ramble and having a discussion. It's more fun to listen to Doug Benson getting other comedians and guests stoned as gently caress, just having a time. I need to listen to more Doug. Dude's just chill. Admittedly dumb and chill.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I generally don't give a poo poo about his politics, but I don't listen to every episode or base my politics off his guests. I think he'd do better to step away from talking to politicians altogether. Take that video for the crack ping at the end, it's the best part. Well, that and the George Lopez joke.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Valid point.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Joey Diaz telling fart/poo poo stories is one of the greatest things ever.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Old white dudes are jealous of Ellen over Portia. Boomers now love Ellen because she's got a hot blonde wife. Now they just think of Ellen as someone harmless and lacking balls, like Michael Cera.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A big part of Rogans' appeal to me is the fringe nuts that want to talk about their intimate relations with aliens or bigfoot or the skinwalkers. I realize I can listen to other podcasts about this poo poo, Rogan just draws all the cryptozoological crazies out. Or at least used to, I have no idea about who he's had on from the crytpo conspiracy folks lately.

I'm not blindly clicking on nazis.

Internet Wizard posted:

Like, Last Podcast on the Left jokes and profits from human misery a lot too but at least they do their due diligence on the research end of things. Their terminal levels of bro energy are painful though

Ben from their show is apparently a big alien and ghost guy. Just watch travel channel, you'll see him on there commenting on "Paranormal" videos. It's the laziest goddamn show since Brian Callen was on World's Dumbest Videos. They just run and rerun the same youtube uploaded potato quality videos and draw conjecture about what they would do if confronted with a UFO or a demon or whatever.

Chupacabra/Sasquatch 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Who was the AI goon that drove to Nebraska in a Jeep they kept breaking down to fix an old tow truck and then ended up lighting the goon’a he was staying at front yard on fire

Isn't that still 14 INCH DICK TURBO?

Seems he is a hot topic lately.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ManMythLegend posted:

loving slacker. 25 to be competitive, 23 if you want to break out from your peers.

Yep. My back checked out at 23. Just means you get used to it before all your friends. Then when they hit 40 and start bitching about being stiff and having their first bout of sciatica, you can point, laugh and just blow weed smoke in their faces.

I spent more time with a cane in my 20s than I ever want to see in old age. Take care of your back, don't join the military.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Finally an episode I might listen to entirely. Feels like it's been a long time since he had Joey on last.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Man, Joey Diaz sounds loving terrible and I can practically hear how fat he is through the mic. Dude's hilarious but they know gently caress all about cars.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Lou Takki posted:

This but instead its in my rack at 0130 in a room of 60 other dudes.

This is why you build a jack shack over/around your rack on deployment. Tall enough that you can sit upright comfortably under on your cot, three plywood walls and a roof, use your poncho as a privacy tarp/door. Line the inside with christmas lights and your favorite Fredericks' of Hollywood lingerie pages because Spc Becky gets all of her mail forwarded on deployment and trashes the Frederick's catalogs but keeps the Victoria's Secret fliers.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I enjoy that Fox didn't connect the dots on the Vindmans. You know, being brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lou Dobbs seeded brainworms into Dana Bash and it's only a matter of time before they burst open in that alien skull of hers and start seeping out between the cracks at CNN.