Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

It's rare for me to feel earnest patriotism these days, but goddamn, this guy did it.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

:trumppop:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Irony is dead, and alt-radical anti-centrism killed it

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I would bet cash money that, assuming that guy is even a real NCO, he would never actually have the balls to tell a colonel to take their hands out of their pockets.

Edit: and neither would I, but that's not lack of guts. I'm just not such a hollow shell of a man as to give a poo poo about uniform infractions.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

ded posted:

Is there an actual loving reg about hands in pockets?

I can't speak for any other nation or branch of service, but in the US Air Force, it's spelled out in Air Force Instruction 36-2903, our dress and appearance reg, because heaven forbid the troops might be comfortable.

quote:

2.13.7.1. Do not stand or walk with hand(s) in pocket(s), except to insert or remove an item.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Crushingly poor taste in nerd poo poo aside, that's probably just staged in the car for active shooter response. Wearing plate carriers on patrol is almost unheard of in most American PDs and SOs. It's usually just soft kevlar, even if an external vest is worn.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

This scrub deputy shitted up his plate carrier with something from the human religious fascist faction of Warhammer 40K, when he should have gone with the infinitely superior alien communist faction

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

If you know this person irl, please respond with “Frankly, I enjoyed the war. Why do people want peace if the war is so much fun?”

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

And not for the first time, I whisper a quiet thanks to have been a dumb young airman before smart phones existed, and when social media was limited to college kids.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you familiar with the term 'coupon' when it comes to securities? The term exists because to collect on any instrument with routine payments you had a literal coupon book that you would snip and send in to redeem.

Joe's fault here is using an antiquated term. His whole point is that stock market gambling shouldn't get preferential tax treatment. He is awful at conveying that message, and I don't believe he would actually do anything to put forth meaningful tax reform like that. Biden sucks for a lot of reasons. I just don't hate on him for the coupon statement since I interact with the term a lot more now.

If a politician is so thoroughly a relic of the past that they can't keep up with modern terms and concepts, they probably aren't a great pick for the presidency.

Not that I think you disagree, I just can't help but get "Speak into the machine," vibes whenever Biden gets on a roll.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4532041/speak-machine

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

That tweet ages like fine wine

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Toshokan posted:

This is some Starship Troopers level bullshit.

Fresh meat for the grinder, eh?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Smiling Jack posted:

2016 had 170+ police LOD deaths so not sure about the stats there

I'm too lazy to look it up, but iirc lumberjack is also the most dangerous job in the US.

If you remove accidents, I'm not sure what the most dangerous re: getting murdered would be.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Little did we realize it was a campaign promise, not a condemnation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

A White Guy posted:

Fake veterans: I was in special forces/ the Marines.
Actual spec forces veterans: I was in the military and that's it.
Actual veterans: I was in the military and let me tell you all about how horrid that poo poo was.

Guys could pretend they were an admin clerk or whatever, and nobody would bat an eye, but someone who would lie about being in the military is exactly the kind of person who would never admit to being a water dog.