Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

I'm glad the VA gives people AIDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Arc Light posted:

I don't want to poo poo up the CE thread with this, so the political picture thread seemed like the best place.

Somebody made a highlight reel of bad choices in the latest tell-all book about the 2016 Clinton campaign. Excerpts are from "Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign." Mostly based off interviews with staffers. Thanks to the lovely nature of twitter, you'll need to click the link and scroll way up to see the start of this.

https://twitter.com/garbagekate/status/856656608868225025/photo/1

It's terrible decisions all the way down, without any self-doubt whatsoever.

Also, :lol: at the serious discussion around using "Because It's Her Turn," as the campaign's actual no-poo poo slogan, after nobody was able to articulate a reason she wanted the presidency beyond naked lust for power.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-on-the-new-book-that-brutalizes-the-clinton-campaign-w477978

wow that twitter user wants tips for taking pictures of a book they didn't write? for "Emotional labor"? is this the bernout contingency that people used to talk about?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

as if there werent plenty of hillary supporters that werent emotional wrecks after election night? :cmon:

but keep carrying that flag for insulting bernie supporters :rolleyes:

Bernie bros then? The regressive left? I dunno seemed odd to me that someone would be cyber-begging under the semblance of performing emotional labor by taking phone photos of someone else's book and then posting it largely without comment on twitter. Sorry if I've offended some aspect of your self identity. :rolleyes:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you just sound like a retard with that bernout poo poo like a year after it stopped being relevant, doesnt actually offend me :thumbsup:

me neither bro thanks for the update on your nonplussed state :thumbsup:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

I hope the people that made that shop are suffering acutely under the Trump Administration

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

This falls short in so many ways I ponder why it was ever made, let alone reposted.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I thought it was because the broader conflict between France and England made the revolution a low tier priority until a couple years later when England swang that international dong on us.

But uh yeah, let's say it was about guns and not about shrewd political maneuvers.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I could be mixing up aspects of different conflicts, but the reality is that absent the support the colonies received from other European nations we would have been crushed by the English. Everyone having a gun means little if you don't have the powder and shot to use them. Attributing the success of the revolutionary army to everyone having guns is likewise reductive beyond any real point.

It was incorrect to say the revolution was a low tier priority. It was an opportunistic move by Americans that was very much a product of much broader international conflicts.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 4, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

In another 2000 years they're going to through suit-and-tie parties and get wasted like the ancient americans did, aren't they?

Yes, the Chinese find our style of dress very eclectic and novel.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
How the poo poo would the DoD gently caress that up? That's assuming said Twitter user is correct; I don't know poo poo about helecopters or helmets

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Pesticide20 posted:

The shirt is apparently a reference to Pinochet and the helicopter rides he gave to Communists

With the rest of the pure fantasy they have going, why not?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I hope the general public starts wearing that sweet veteran shirt all over the place

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Are we swear-wolves? No. No we are not.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
lol that dudes rules

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
They need an orange and violet to complete the rainbow

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The author should post their face and claimed ethnicity for comparison.

Edit: whoever made the meme then

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
He's generally responsible for why the military loving sucks, presumably.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Prostitutes are generally more honest and have greater professional dignity than Donald Trump, the President of the United States.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Nutsde

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Lol Erik's dipshit parents think all of Asia attacked the United States

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
lol their are some genuinely loving stupid lawyers at my school who have drunk some type of kool aid and can barely communicate with regular human beings. Not because they're discussing complex topics mind you. It's because they're fully loving detached from reality

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah, not really. It depends largely on your field of work.

I tried to warn you. It gets worse.

Their detachment smacks of opportunity imo.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
uhhh what the gently caress did I just read

Edit: I'll give up my blacked out ride and sweet punisher gear when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

In the information era I don't think identifying the uniform of fascist sympathizers will be all that important. People reveal that they love racism pretty immediately when you look at their social media presence.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 26, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hopefully she keeps collecting scalps

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

so, this is the second time i've seen "wow sorry, I'd love to answer but you're out of time"

how the gently caress is that a possible response when you're testifying in front of congress?

Our elected officials are corrupt spineless goo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Fister Roboto posted:

I love it, but I also hate it.

Touch too many heads?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ehhh, gotta die of something, and I don't want to be around for the dementia days my family seeps into with age.

Chemo treatments are no picnic.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I'm gonna be the early adopter on the robot body and then fire the first shots of the synth - human civil war

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah lots of dependas out here thirsting to be called "petty officer"

that's definitely a joke

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Bored As gently caress posted:

We don't have anywhere near enough millennials voting.

It loving sucks.

Because millennials are part of the problem

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The dude saluting at the end really got me. Merry Christmas...

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Bezos you idiot you gotta train your own goons. All you did was hire a bunch of broken people!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Internet Wizard posted:

Joe Rogan is an idiot that gives garbage a platform, and just because you’re not watching the videos with the nazis spewing their trash, doesn’t mean you’re not boosting his platform and enabling those nazis as well.

What are your views on paying federal taxes?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nevermind

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Sarern posted:

I saw someone on SA describe Rogan as "Oprah, for Bros" and that seems to cover it. Any talk show person is going to platform harmful people to some extent, that's how we got Drs. Oz and Phil.

I've watched a few of his interviews and yeah, he seems like Oprah for Bros. I don't understand why he in particular gets so much more flak than the others. Is he platforming Nazis to a greater extent than all other talk show hosts? Is it because he has connected young Nazis with disaffected young men? Ellen decorum-ed her way out the hubbub for sitting at a baseball game with GW, Fallon tousled Trump's hair and is still on every night.

It's probably because Rogan does a lot of podcasts and youtube videos, whereas Ellen and Fallon are on legacy media and most people that feel strongly about deplatforming nazis don't have cable subscriptions at the same rate that older people do.