Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I love all the lol bitcoin stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

🤷🏽‍♀️

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

once you hit 70-80 you should just be taken out back old yeller style

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

first Pepe now this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

amen

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

searing hot take here from the facebooks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

don’t @ me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Tbf the only time I’ve ever seen dip or people dipping in my life was in the Army

same

and EMTs for some reason

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

who doesn’t love dip bottles/cups spilling everywhere.

When people caught wind of dip coming to the ship store on a replenishment at sea there would be a line through the whole ship. It was a great commodity, and I’m not sure why dippers didn’t just buy tons of logs of tins before deployment. Smart folks didn’t dip and stocked up to barter with

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 23, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

the horror!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 7, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I did join but some dude got in my face at bootcamp when I arrived and dad always said never let anyone treat you like that so I knocked him out cold

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Got my SS gift for next year sorted

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

this better

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

idk just seems every “omg stolen valor” scenario involves someone with a clear developmental delay/mental issue. It’s like, why engage them. Then you get some chodes cornering some cosplaying 20-year-old in wal-mart wearing fatigues who can barely formulate a sentence, about what his unit patches mean

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean it’s literally like a kid going to the store dressed as their favorite super hero. I know it doesn’t make sense to us, but the military propaganda machine is strong

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Had a dude in the Navy that went from boot camp > end of a work up for a ship about to deploy. There were a few other factors but he was literally being sent home to be discharged for being too dumb.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’d much rather wear any variation of fatigues vs a service uniform with ribbons and poo poo dress shoes

Is that really an outlandish idea. Plus, and I guess branch/unit dependent, you can de-blouse often. Say what you want about Marines, those mother fuckers are always in boots and uts. Well, now they have to wear dress/service uniforms more but I digress

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I know in combat zones it was sort of whatever, but the boot regulations in garrison were so silly.

I remember the NEX sold all variations of steel toe boots and whatever that seemed fine for service but weren’t allowed because of small arbitrary reasons. Not even sure why they sold them but hey

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I always found the suede ones to be pretty comfy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

been seeing this one a lot

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only the Navy has a worthless e-6 rank that has no pull and pushes brooms; coupled with a segregated E-7+ that spend more time circle jerking and going on about tradition than doing anything useful for their Joe’s. I’m surprised we don’t have to salute them

Then e-4 is a 3rd class, e-5 2nd, and e-6 1st. Who decided that poo poo?

And I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t get into a fuss when you call them petty officer. It’s only used when you’re trying to patronize someone or be condescending. Boot camp was especially annoying: “i’m not a PETTY officer do I look like a PETTY officer I work for a living.” Uh ok then. In boot camp you don’t “rate” calling them by their actual job title

Lest we forget the Navy tried to get rid of the job title rank poo poo that no one else does e.g. an E-5 Hospital Corpsman being an HM2. Not sure why it’s not HC but hey. People lost their minds and they quickly reversed it.

Oh yeah and if you don’t know the person the only way you’d know their job title is if you could identify the job symbol on their dress uniform. Also flight suits are uniforms but god forbid you wear coveralls—you know an actual working uniform—anywhere.

Is this a Wendy’s drive-thru?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jun 9, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

generally e-4 to e-6 but to confuse you even more e-7 is a “chief” but the whole title is “chief petty officer,” e-8 is senior chief petty officer and e-9 master

It’s above lower enlisted but not an officer. Etymology is French and petty meaning petit or “small,” but I believe that assumption may be incorrect and just a coincidence. Yes I know like half our poo poo is modeled after the French especially the word Sergeant etc.

You could also technically call an e-4 PO3 but I never really saw that

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

A petty rear end bitch that's what

Pretty much this

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 9, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

how could the Navy keep a fresh supply of undesignated ship painters if it wasn’t for BUDs duds

Some of them luck out and get decent ratings, but not all

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

My favorite is when Marines sign six-year Force Recon contracts then fail out. They still get stuck for six years lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

iirc the Marine Corps is especially backwards. Like there’s no reg against it, but no reg for it..or some poo poo. Actually maybe it just said only while standing still, or maybe that was Navy.

So like haircuts and all other bs it’s up to interpretation and at some point some jabroni with power just decided that’s how it’s going to be. I’ve heard stories of SNCOs straight sewing their pockets shut so they’re not tempted to perform such sacrilege

Total stoner tangent here but I remember reading about Hasidic Jews and what they wear has like, no religious meaning or origin. Some dude long ago just decided that was the standard.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I’m pretty sure if you have a larger phone you carry it, or if you have a wallet you do in fact do the sock thing. At least when it comes to service and dress uniforms

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Gotta appreciate any religion that isn’t going around knocking on doors or coercing people into converting—religious preaching under the guise of humanitarian aid etc. They have a pretty intense vetting process iirc and it seemingly takes marriage to make someone convert.

No pork is a bit archaic and arbitrary but hey 🤷🏽‍♀️

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

how has the Spanish Legion not been posted yet lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

They’re all foreign right so likely of Eastern European descendent or *checks notes* hairy mfers

Cannot be showing no chest puft in uniform!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So this is an article that exists

Spanish Legion declares war on obesity.
La Legión, an elite army unit with a history of combat in foreign missions, is now battling love handles

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

that’s perfect